Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As someone interested in med school it could potentially cost me 400k at the high end of things. However how is that too much debt that would take a long time to pay?
Say you go into FM and your after tax take home is 100k..
You could pay 50k a year into your debt and pay it off in 8 years!
That is the worst case scenario of course..
If you did something better and made 200k after tax you could pay the debt off in 4 years.
Anyone should be able to live off 50k a year, and one should certainly be able to live off of 100k a year.
Maybe I am looking at this wrong, but 400k doesn't just look that bad to me.
I do not see why people make living off 50k a year appear to be poverty..
Honestly I think 50k itself is fairly lavish, one could live on even less like 35k a year in a more Midwestern location.
Say you go into FM and your after tax take home is 100k..
You could pay 50k a year into your debt and pay it off in 8 years!
That is the worst case scenario of course..
If you did something better and made 200k after tax you could pay the debt off in 4 years.
Anyone should be able to live off 50k a year, and one should certainly be able to live off of 100k a year.
Maybe I am looking at this wrong, but 400k doesn't just look that bad to me.
I do not see why people make living off 50k a year appear to be poverty..
Honestly I think 50k itself is fairly lavish, one could live on even less like 35k a year in a more Midwestern location.