is my gpa mediocre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

troache

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was told by someone on studentdoctor.net that my gpa was mediocre. I have a science gpa of 3.6 and an overall gpa of 3.566. I am apart of Phi Theta Kappa, which is a national honor society for people who have achieved a gpa of 3.7 but did not go below a 3.2. Does this sound mediocre to you guys? I know competition is stiff. If my gpa is bad, I am in deep stuff. Also besides the pre med curriculum, I am majoring in nursing. I don't think I did bad. I am sensing some hostility from the person who said this. Should I feel intimidated? Honestly she hurt my feelings, I actually feel dumb.

Members don't see this ad.

With that GPA, your application will be considered by all of the dental schools, maybe except Harvard. In another words, you have an above average GPA. This is just my opinion though:)

your gpa is fine. dun worry. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Without asking but only comparing with the people around you, you should have known you get a good GPA.;)

OMG with that GPA you have no chance of getting into any dental schools. By the way I'm just kidding :)

your gpa is below average for Canadian dental schools but not for American schools. Canadian schools competitive gpa is around 3.8

Your GPA is fine. Better than most averages.

Canadian schools competitive gpa is around 3.8

I found this interesting so I looked it up. Canadian schools average is not even close to 3.8. Look again, thats a HUGE exagerration. A 3.6 is not below average, even for Canadians. Many people use this board for knowledge, guessing confuses people. The highest Canadian average is McGill Univ., it is 3.7.

That is by no means a mediocre, just maintain that gpa and you would be fine. By the I'm also a member of Phi Theta Kappa :clap:

Do not worry! You have a great GPA and you are also doing a nursing program. Keep up the good work, score well on the DAT and everything will tun out great!!!:D

Thanks guys, I was a little worried because their are alot of smart people in the world. I know this girl who got straight A's and I was amazed. Thanks alot.

Hey, just think that the person who told you are the mediocre is an idiot herself. Dental school application does not depend only on the GPA. It also depends greatly on your passion for the profession, your background, your personality, etc....

I think that your GPA is great. You may even be able get some scholarships at some schools. GOOD LUCK with your application.

Why would anyone say a 5.6 science gpa is low? That's really high. Maybe the girl was being a bit snobbish.

hey Troache,

that girl was just trying to get rid of competition. She probably felt treathened by your brains, and decided to attack your soul. Next time tell her to go..... you know where.
:mad:

Troache-

Don't always believe what someone tells you.......