is my rc score good enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ikulu

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With my low gpa stats (3.1), I am just curious if my rc score (19) will hold me back from getting interviews? The more I read on sdn, the more I think my rc score is too low. Especially when everyone here agrees that the rc is a really important section. Please let me know what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

I feel you man, i made a 17 on my perceptual ability...

The rest was all 20's except for OC. and a 19 on QR.

I think your ok. I have a friend who landed 2 interviews with a 17 or 18, but that was last cycle. You MAY want to consider a retake, especially because your gpa is on the lower side. You should also look into master's programs as well.

I think your ok. I have a friend who landed 2 interviews with a 17 or 18, but that was last cycle. You MAY want to consider a retake, especially because your gpa is on the lower side. You should also look into master's programs as well.

ya, I should. But my aa is 23 and ts is 25. I don't want to risk retaking it. Such a dilemma

Members don't see this ad :)
ya, I should. But my aa is 23 and ts is 25. I don't want to risk retaking it. Such a dilemma

You have AMAZING DAT scores. I would not retake.. That would be a very very unwise decision. Your scores are in the top 1% and it's something to take pride in. Give yourself a nice pat on the back for putting in dedication and coming out on top. :thumbup:

If your GPA ends up holding you back, you have to do masters to show that you can handle difficult courses.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if you got interviews or even accepted at a few schools if you have a good overall application. Three of my friends in dental school right now had lower scores/similar gpa compared to you.

Good luck! :)

No way you should retake. I would kill for your scores. If you don't land any interviews this cycle, I would do a masters. Do not retake the exam, I repeat do not retake. Anyone who tells you to retake do not listen to them. It's clearly not you DAT scores considering it's in the top 1-2% in the nation. It's the low GPA that got schools holding back. Good Luck.

So u guys think my rc is competitive enough? It is the only section that is below 20. Also I am looking at the 1 year masters program at umdnj. Is it a good masters program?

So u guys think my rc is competitive enough? It is the only section that is below 20. Also I am looking at the 1 year masters program at umdnj. Is it a good masters program?

Don't be mislead by the percentile for your RC. A 19 will not harm you in any way, as the adcoms will be paying far more attention to the 23 AA and 25 TS.

Your rc is fine. Mine was 15, with 21aa, but I got in last cycle. Just nail your interview

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Wow thanks for all the encouragement guys. I feel a lot more comfortable with my rc now. Thanks!