Is Samuel Merritt alright?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krcranda

CRAN
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow SDN ******. I am most likely getting accepted to Samuel Merritt for fall 2006 (I am going for an interview next week). I know that Oakland is a bit ghetto, and the cost of living is expensive, but is it a good school otherwise?

I would have liked to either gotten into Iowa or Ohio, but I am applying at the very last second. My last posting I was way off, my GPA is actually a 3.6 and not a 3.3 overall. But my DAT is a 16. I am going to try to contact Ohio and Iowa tomorrow, DO ANY OF YOU THINK I HAVE A SHOT AT IT, or are they both already full and too late?

Members don't see this ad.

I know that CPMS is full but this time of year there is a lot of shuffling. If a student was wait list at one school and a spot opens they leave a spot at another school, ect, ect. It is never too late.

We've lost and gained students all the way up to the start of the school year.

this is now my official oppinion (my perogative to change it at any point here after) about all the pod schools.

if you are not reading on your own and remembering waht you have read you will be at a disadvantage when it comes to the top programs.

they do not ask pimp questions based on text book or school learned things for the most part.

the top programs what to know how much you have learned on your own.

they want to know if you have read the original articles and the newer updated ones as well. they do not care that some of the articles are crap. they still want you to have read them. the theory is... if you have not read what is out there how can you do your own research and build on the old stuff if you are unaware of the old stuff.

So the moral of this is.........

GO to which ever school you want. start reading journals from day one. Foot and ankle international is a good one. try reading an article a week to start then progress to 3 a week then up to one a day. it really isn't that bad. and you might learn something :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
krabmas said:
this is now my official oppinion (my perogative to change it at any point here after) about all the pod schools.

if you are not reading on your own and remembering waht you have read you will be at a disadvantage when it comes to the top programs.

they do not ask pimp questions based on text book or school learned things for the most part.

the top programs what to know how much you have learned on your own.

they want to know if you have read the original articles and the newer updated ones as well. they do not care that some of the articles are crap. they still want you to have read them. the theory is... if you have not read what is out there how can you do your own research and build on the old stuff if you are unaware of the old stuff.

So the moral of this is.........

GO to which ever school you want. start reading journals from day one. Foot and ankle international is a good one. try reading an article a week to start then progress to 3 a week then up to one a day. it really isn't that bad. and you might learn something :idea:

So in English, what are you trying to say?

Dr_Feelgood said:
I know that CPMS is full but this time of year there is a lot of shuffling. If a student was wait list at one school and a spot opens they leave a spot at another school, ect, ect. It is never too late.

We've lost and gained students all the way up to the start of the school year.

Hey DR Feelgood, would you mine telling me how you deal with all your finances at Samuel Merritt. I know this is a real personal question, but I am curious on how to work the numbers. I am sure you probably supplement your income by playing the cowbell in the streets.

krcranda said:
Hey DR Feelgood, would you mine telling me how you deal with all your finances at Samuel Merritt. I know this is a real personal question, but I am curious on how to work the numbers. I am sure you probably supplement your income by playing the cowbell in the streets.

Feelgood is a third year student at DMU, not Samuel Merritt.

gustydoc said:
Feelgood is a third year student at DMU, not Samuel Merritt.

Did you notice that we were called "******", I for one have never gotten paid to use this site. Maybe some of the older guys on here like Jonwill and Sam do because they are the only ones giving out really good info. Definitely not gusty or myself or feelgood or rob

Haffadoc said:
Did you notice that we were called "******", I for one have never gotten paid to use this site. Maybe some of the older guys on here like Jonwill and Sam do because they are the only ones giving out really good info. Definitely not gusty or myself or feelgood or rob

I get paid to use this site while I am at work. :rolleyes:

If you call that a "SDN *****" I wouldn't be offended at all. However, I believe there is a difference between a ***** and an SDN Addict, which many of us are on here. Seriously, I start "phiene out" if I don't get on SDN for a couple days. :laugh:

krcranda said:

Dr. Feelgood goes to CPMS (DMU) not Sam Merritt. So he probably won't be able to give you good advice about this.

Haffadoc said:

I'll take the compliment.

you decide if I took it for being called a ***** or for giving out good advice.

I wish I got paid though. I'd be rich. I spend so much freegin time on here.

I'd be happy to answer your question about finances but obviously it will be different than what occurs at CSPM (Merrit) than CPMS (DMU).