davidlee97

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Jul 21, 2016
i was shadowing a surgeon but only for around 3-4 horus. can i mention it?

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
i was shadowing a surgeon but only for around 3-4 horus. can i mention it?
You really need more shadowing than that. Have you done any other shadowing such that you can fold it all into one?

OP
D

davidlee97

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Jul 21, 2016
You really need more shadowing than that. Have you done any other shadowing such that you can fold it all into one?
so i do have plenty of other shadowing. But for this specific specialty for shadowing, i only have 3-4 hours because each surgery did not take that long. I'm wondering if it's OK for me to mention that i had 3/4 hours of shadowing just for this specialty even though i have plenty of other shadowing experiences. thanx

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
so i do have plenty of other shadowing. But for this specific specialty for shadowing, i only have 3-4 hours because each surgery did not take that long. I'm wondering if it's OK for me to mention that i had 3/4 hours of shadowing just for this specialty even though i have plenty of other shadowing experiences. thanx
Have one item on your application that is tagged "shadowing" and list it in the description: [date] Surgeon [first name, last name], observed performing [name procedure], 3-4 hours.

OP
D

davidlee97

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Jul 21, 2016
Have one item on your application that is tagged "shadowing" and list it in the description: [date] Surgeon [first name, last name], observed performing [name procedure], 3-4 hours.
Wow thnx so much for your reply!

Commer_Knocker

Don't let the bastards grind you down.
2+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2015
The Other Side
Put all shadowing as one entry in AMCAS. It's okay if you don't fill all 15 slots; most ppl don't, and most of those who do look like they're trying to spew filler.