is shadowing for 4 hours worth putting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davidlee97

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was shadowing a surgeon but only for around 3-4 horus. can i mention it?

Members don't see this ad.

You really need more shadowing than that. Have you done any other shadowing such that you can fold it all into one?
so i do have plenty of other shadowing. But for this specific specialty for shadowing, i only have 3-4 hours because each surgery did not take that long. I'm wondering if it's OK for me to mention that i had 3/4 hours of shadowing just for this specialty even though i have plenty of other shadowing experiences. thanx

Members don't see this ad :)
so i do have plenty of other shadowing. But for this specific specialty for shadowing, i only have 3-4 hours because each surgery did not take that long. I'm wondering if it's OK for me to mention that i had 3/4 hours of shadowing just for this specialty even though i have plenty of other shadowing experiences. thanx

Have one item on your application that is tagged "shadowing" and list it in the description: [date] Surgeon [first name, last name], observed performing [name procedure], 3-4 hours.

Reactions: 1 users
Have one item on your application that is tagged "shadowing" and list it in the description: [date] Surgeon [first name, last name], observed performing [name procedure], 3-4 hours.
Wow thnx so much for your reply!

Put all shadowing as one entry in AMCAS. It's okay if you don't fill all 15 slots; most ppl don't, and most of those who do look like they're trying to spew filler.