Is the interview season over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eye4eye

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or still there is a little ray of hope?

Members don't see this ad.

Or still there is a little ray of hope?

It is definitely not over. There are many programs that are still in the process of reviewing and will not notify applicants until end of October/beginning of November, and some programs do not even begin
notify until middle of November (according to a program coordinator at one of the programs).
Also, if you take a look at last year's Interview/Rejection thread you will see that the dates that programs started notifying applicants range from September all the way to December. You should definitely keep hope alive!

a majority of programs have not yet notified applicants of interview decisions. definitely stay hopeful!

Members don't see this ad :)
Saying that interview season is over now is like saying there wouldn't be any more star wars movies after A New Hope came out in 1977. There are many more interviews coming out and they will be just as significant (not including the movie with jar jar binks). There is plenty of time :)

It was a while ago, but I remember that alot of interviews happened in Nov/Dec. Be prepared for last minute interview invites as well. There are applicants who'll start to cancel interviews and the programs will scramble to fill their interview days.

That is why you as applicants should cancel interviews as soon as you know to give someone else a chance.

Thank you folks! I feel rejuvenated!!

Hey, echoing what eye guy said, and my post in another thread - I counted - and so far - only 48 progs have sent invites. Of the 110 or so odd programs - we're not even at 50%.

So I definitely do think there's hope....