is the PAT section important for admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tounchie

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much emphasis is on this compared to other sections. I knownthat UoP puts a lot of emphasis on this but what about every other school in general?

Members don't see this ad.

Well considering that the PAT section is the only factor that is exclusive to the dental admission process, I would guess that it is pretty important

IMO, the best mindset to have is that ALL sections are important. Even the QR.

For example, at ECU, two math classes are pre-reqs for admission. They accept AP credit, but they encourage students to "avail themselves to the opportunity" to take higher-level math courses. After taking both stats and calc 1 in high school, I really didn't want to take any more math. I'm hoping that my QR score, coupled with my grades in physics (which is obviously a math course, in many ways!) will show them that I am capable. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools value it more than others. I know that the UCs consider the PAT to be "very important" when those same schools consider the QR to be "somewhat important"

This is all according to the handbook-thingy