Is the role of pharmacy confused?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I felt exactly the same way that Epic did, but I knew Silly was female & wanted something different (I also talk a lot as Caverject & WVU have been known to mention & now they have enlisted Mountain:smuggrin:).

get over it. We don't know if sillymarin is a female or not. Besides, that won't change my response.. I'm not going to be nicer just because you're a girl. And not all of my threads contain sarcasm.

And stop bringing up my style of posting and others. Like I said, get over it and move on. Sillymarin hasn't even come back since she posted.

:laugh: Sure thing! You got a point! But here again, SDN1977 could have been fooled too (see above). But your point is well taken :laugh::laugh::laugh:!

However, she'll continue to be the sweet lady, the P4, who never returned... and I miss HER (her intellect that is :love:). ;)

Ahh... this IS fun!!! :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

as far as wrong profession choices go, i think everyone who has contributed to this thread should have been lawyers not pharmacists. look at the way you are picking apart each others words trying to get an edge in the arguements.
That's the way the world works. If you put something out there it better be able to stand up to scrutiny. Just because you said so only works for little kids and smart husbands. So arguments get picked apart. Big deal. If they can't take the picking, they weren't well thought out to begin with and they needed some refinement.

I am a new inductee to the profession of pharmacy, a PS1 and I thought this thread might be informative, but like all the other threads on this site it turns into a who' balls are bigger war not a discussion on issues relavant to pharmacy.
I will agree with you some of threads turn into pi***ng contests. You are dealing with pharmacy students and some of the arguments are not always on the highest intellectual level. Where I disagree with you is we don't discuss the issues relevant to Pharmacy. We have discussed:
  • The future of Community Pharmacy Practice
  • The role of Chain Pharmacies on the Practice of Pharmacy (Some of my personal favorites)
  • Here is a discussion of the new 5th generation of Cephalosporin for MSRA.
  • This thread on Brand VS Generic was pretty informative and every one kept their balls in their pants.
  • The legalization of Marijuana was discussed here.
  • Pharmacists Salary
  • What to get out of rotations.
Maybe pharmacy and pharmacists lack a strong definite identity in the health delivery system because we ouselves can not unite. If you are a seasoned veteran that is a highly distinguished pharmacist and are tired of answered the questions of young impresionable future pharmacists and pharmacists, you should resign yourself from contributing to the discusion. If you are a highly regarded, experienced professional and want that respect than you should not be seeking it in an anonymous post.

Respect is something you earn. I have been practicing for 25 years and I still have to earn my respect every day. If you don't like the answers I have given address them directly. Send me a PM of you like. Your thread was like pouring gasoline into an open fire, it was bound to fame up on you. I never tire of answering questions, but if you are in pharmacy school I expect your answers to have some intellectual weight behind them...

That's the way the world works. If you put something out there it better be able to stand up to scrutiny. Just because you said so only works for little kids and smart husbands. So arguments get picked apart. Big deal. If they can't take the picking, they weren't well thought out to begin with and they needed some refinement.

I will agree with you some of threads turn into pi***ng contests. You are dealing with pharmacy students and some of the arguments are not always on the highest intellectual level. Where I disagree with you is we don't discuss the issues relevant to Pharmacy. We have discussed:
  • The future of Community Pharmacy Practice
  • The role of Chain Pharmacies on the Practice of Pharmacy (Some of my personal favorites)
  • Here is a discussion of the new 5th generation of Cephalosporin for MSRA.
  • This thread on Brand VS Generic was pretty informative and every one kept their balls in their pants.
  • The legalization of Marijuana was discussed here.
  • Pharmacists Salary
  • What to get out of rotations.
Respect is something you earn. I have been practicing for 25 years and I still have to earn my respect every day. If you don't like the answers I have given address them directly. Send me a PM of you like. Your thread was like pouring gasoline into an open fire, it was bound to fame up on you. I never tire of answering questions, but if you are in pharmacy school I expect your answers to have some intellectual weight behind them...

Oh boy.... well it was fun while it lasted. I'm outta here. Peace yo.

I'm still searching for the sweet lady... the P4 who called herself "SillyMarin". I miss you! Good luck with P4 and your career! I hope you find your niche. I guess now, I only have Nature: SpirivaSunrise (but keep it on da down low yo). :love::laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh boy.... well it was fun while it lasted. I'm outta here. Peace yo.

I'm still searching for the sweet lady... the P4 who called herself "SillyMarin". I miss you! Good luck with P4 and your career! I hope you find your niche. I guess now, I only have Nature: SpirivaSunrise (but keep in on da down low yo). :love::laugh:

SpirivaSunrise is a dude.. :smuggrin:

Dude, you need to get laid.

Ok this is my final thread here.... :D:D:D:D:D:D I was waiting for someone to say this. ahahahahahaha Now that's fun. I guess that's adding water to an already burning furnace (forum). We needed to break the tension... thx for providing this. I just would love to see everyone having a great time. I have no desire to partake in tough talk. Smooth is my game. So respect the ladies while you're at it. :laugh::smuggrin::laugh::smuggrin: Peace... no more comment for me here. I'll catch you in the next thread!

P.S. Epic, now that's the funniest thing you've said all day! Oh Gosh... that was funny!!!

"SpirivaSunrise is a dude.." Oh my gf is calling... catch you guys later!!!

Ha! You'd be sorely mistaken...

p.s. NewRx...Epic's one of the good ones...but don't back down to him ;)

I thought you was a dood...all that football talk ....what's that about

I thought she was Jamaican...Ya Mon..

Low Chi ..maybe..

You could be in Rho Chi if you wanted to...

No I couldn't, that requires a GPA over 3.8. I have not the patience, maturity, drive, nor attention span to achieve that. Still, if I wanted to be in Rho Chi, I wouldn't be me....and it's physically impossible for me to not be me, thus I couldn't be a member of Rho Chi. (Bonus points if you can tell me what philosopher came up with that one...)

i was a member of back row chi