Is there a cheap hotel near UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentist2008

UF class of 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't got my interview package yet so I don't know if there is any hotel near UCSF. Please help me fast. It is already late.

Members don't see this ad.

There is no such a thing as cheap near SF downtown. Sorry friend.
Find Tinkerbell who may be able to help. All the best friend!

Originally posted by dentist2008
I haven't got my interview package yet so I don't know if there is any hotel near UCSF. Please help me fast. It is already late.

hey dentisit2008, do you mind me asking whats your GPA/DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
AbuAbu,
He has listed it on page 8 of 2004 applicants stats. Please
go and see it there!

Hi,
I went on to priceline.com and got a deal at the ramada (civic center) for $45/night. Not bad at all. You can take the Parnassus bus and it goes to UCSF. Priceline.com is great, i never go anywhere w/o booking through them.
:)
Also, the admissions pple can give you a list of students name that is willing to let u crash at their place. Also a good option.

$45/night? Thats practically stealing!

Got an email from LLU saying that they have received my application.

Does anyone have any info on their interviewing processes???

I suggest that you guys stay with a student or at ucsf guest house (across the street) so you don't have to commute across town. The raining season is coming and you don't want to come late or wet to your interview.

Good luck:clap: :clap: :clap:

Comet208, LLU? Are u in the wrong thread?
anyway, LLU sent me an email very quick, then they will send you a secondary in mail. Good luck.

tinker bell
may I know how do we find out more about guest housing?
thx

Originally posted by tinker bell
I suggest that you guys stay with a student or at ucsf guest house (across the street) so you don't have to commute across town.

How does the guest house work? What should you do to get in there?

Okay, I have received many PM regarding UCSF interview. I can't answer to all individual, so I hope this is the general idea to help you guys.

1. Where to stay: The package admissions send to you should include the guest house information. If it's not, email them and ask.
They also should send you guys the list of host students. Almost the whole D1 class agree to host. I suggest you guys find a name familiar to you (nationality wise), so you can speak the same language with your host and be more comfortable at home.

2. Interview format: It's a close or blind interview. The interviewer do not know anything about you. There are two interviewwers, one with student, one with faculty.
The most common question is: Your community service experience, your dental experience, or research experience. If you don't have any experiences, don't panic. Just say you are busy working to support yourself through college and don't have opportunity to do any of those (It works for many of my classmates)

3. The interview is pretty relaxing. They are nice and just want to get to know you in person. Don't stress out so much. UCSF was the easiest interview I had. They are fast with acceptance too. If you don't get accepted within a month of your interview, it means your academic standing is not great compare to other candidates. Just be patient and wait, you will most likely to get accepted if you are invited to interview this early.

4. One more thing, if you guys have to fly in, take the bart to downtown SF, then take the N-Judah outbound, get off at UC med center on second and Irving. (the driver will shout out, or you see so many ppl wearing scrubs getting off the train). Take the elevator up to Parnassus, and you will be right in front of the Medical Sciences Building. Turn right and walk down Parnassus 2 blocks, the dental clinic is right at 4th and Parnassus.

I hope your visit to San Francisco will be a fun and reproductive one.

Good luck, and I hope to see all of you guys next year.
:clap: :clap:

Hotwire.com has great deals on hotels. You'll be suprised what Hotels show up for a bargain.