is there a way to track down DAT score mail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took DAT on August 1st (2 days ago).
When I signed up for DAT, I picked 5 schools.

About 3 days before I took DAT, I added 5 more schools.

How long does it take until the schools receive my score?
And do the other 5 get them later than the first 5 that I picked?

Do I have to call each school everyday to check whether they received it or not?
Or is there any easier way to track it down?

I know 2 schools that asked me to fax my score but then I don't know if other 8 schools want me to fax too or not.

Members don't see this ad.

i would just be patient if i was you. I took my exam on July 17th. I called ADA and they said i should more than likely have scores sent out this week. Be patient, it should take 3 weeks before your scores are sent. Sometimes sooner. If you want to know if they have been mailed, call ADA not the schools this way you don't bug.

It takes AADSAS 3-4 weeks to process scores. I took mine July 14th. They told me my first batch that I requested when I took the test would be processed on the 5th. Any other score requested afterwards would be processed a week later (12th for the rest of the schools I added). They did some maintenance last week or some upgrade and the guy told me nothing was sent out last week.

Scores are processed on Wednesdays, so call after Wednesday.
I still find it lame how schools can easily just get electronic copies (according to the rep I talked to), but want hard copied mailed ones from the ADA ... which makes them getting the scores later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took my DAT on july 3rd and my scores were received by schools on the 14th so maybe it takes about a week or 2 good luck

I took the DAT July 2nd. I never received a notification from any schools saying they received my scores. Today, I decided to call one of the schools, Baylor, to find out... and they said they've had it on file for a while. I'm guessing it took them around 2 weeks to send mine out... around the same time I received my official scores in the mail.

Dang lucky ones. The guy on the line said it gets as early as 2 weeks to process and as long as 4 weeks. As the summer rolls on, he told me, it takes them longer because more and more ppl are taking the DAT by August and September and more reports need to be processed that swamp them down..

I took DAT on August 1st (2 days ago).
When I signed up for DAT, I picked 5 schools.

About 3 days before I took DAT, I added 5 more schools.

How or when do you do you designate what schools you want it sent to?

How or when do you do you designate what schools you want it sent to?

When you sign up to take the DAT, you choose 5 schools that they will send your scores to for free (technically it's included in your test fee).

You can then add more schools at the ada website under the DAT infor section. There is a link and just follow the instruction.

You can add those additional schools whenever you'd like, but i'd wait until after you take the test. No point adding extras before you take the test unless you're really confident... b/c if you bomb the test, it's going to be a waste of your money.

When you sign up to take the DAT, you choose 5 schools that they will send your scores to for free (technically it's included in your test fee).

You can then add more schools at the ada website under the DAT infor section. There is a link and just follow the instruction.

You can add those additional schools whenever you'd like, but i'd wait until after you take the test. No point adding extras before you take the test unless you're really confident... b/c if you bomb the test, it's going to be a waste of your money.

I actually signed up originally in january, so I am not even sure which ones I designated it to be sent to (it may have just been one). Is there any way to see which ones I have already done? Or if I can add schools to the list (up to the original 5) without having to pay more?

I found the "Request for Additional DAT scores" pop up page, but I wasn't sure if that was the right thing. (I didn't know if there were any other options.)

thanks

I hope the additional 5 schools I requested are sent to schools this year because they might think like ok this guy want us to send his DAT score next year and then decide not to send before 2010 :(