Is there any break between writing sample essays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDAD

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know you get 30 minutes for each essay, but I am wondering if there is a break between essays. Do they call time after the first thirty minutes, they give you a couple of minutes to get organized, and then start on the second one, or do they just yell "Switch!"

Members don't see this ad.

If you call 2 or 3 minutes (during which you cannot leave the testing room) a break, then yes. Otherwise NO

Members don't see this ad :)
Medikit said:
Yeah, there is a break, like Will said they pass out the next paper, that should give you some time to collect your thoughts.

That is all I need. I was just wondering if there was any break at all. I won't need to leave or anything, the time it takes to pick up the old ones and pass out the new ones is great.

JDAD said:
That is all I need. I was just wondering if there was any break at all. I won't need to leave or anything, the time it takes to pick up the old ones and pass out the new ones is great.

Cool, do better than I did, I would finish in about 20 minutes and then rest for 10 minutes, but I only got an N.

Did you guys do an outline before writing your essays? I suck at writing.

Yes, TPR's method is fool proof and it actually makes for a very good essay.

TAS - Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis

Those sections break down also, but TAS is the major component.

well that sucks, what if you need one then? :scared: i thought we were allowed bathroom breaks at any time

Medikit said:
Cool, do better than I did, I would finish in about 20 minutes and then rest for 10 minutes, but I only got an N.

Haha this is what I did too. First essay in 22 minutes second essay in 18 minutes. I only wrote a page and a quarter for each. I guess that explains the O :(.