• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Jul 13, 2016
Status
Medical Student
For those who've received their scores, how did the 120 sample questions (updated 2016) on the USMLE site correlate to the real thing?

What score range would 90% correct on those questions translate to, roughly?

Also, did anyone else find those questions somewhat challenging compared to the NBMEs?

Reactions: GaStu1994
About the Ads

Ibn Alnafis MD

10+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2008
Where the past and the future intersect
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My exam is in 9 days and I scored an 80% on the free 120 which freaked me out cause I hear that correlates to a 230, my nbme scores so far are 18-250,16-251,17-247,uwsa2-249. Please what's the correlation
Trust hour NBMEs especially 17 and 18

MdRoboto

2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I found some q's where too straight forward... Way easier than nbme. Made some stupid mistakes, got 80%.

Thanks for reviving this thread. I have my exam Tomorrow and this q's where a good/light practice.

Major procrastinator

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2016
you guys scores are amazing!

It's amazing how most of the people on SDN have a 250+ when such a small percent achieve this feat. Even though I know my score is a solid respectable one it makes me feel like mine sucks

About the Ads