Is This a Good or Bad Sign?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheHITMAN

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied in October and haven't heard anything from any of the schools I applied to.

Except USC which said I passed the preliminary review.

I applied to:

USC, Tufts, VCU, UoP, UNLV, Arizona, NYU, Columbia, Boston.

What could this mean?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you mind me asking what your GPA and scores are? As well as your most significant ECs/research, dental experience? These factors will somewhat give me an idea of what some of these schools are looking for. Also, are these the only schools you applied to?

You did apply pretty late. I applied during the summer and even I'm getting interview invites for dates in january. I think you will have to keep waiting, hopefully you'll at least get invited to USC & Columbia since they're known for filling the class slower than other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I applied in October and haven't heard anything from any of the schools I applied to.

Except USC which said I passed the preliminary review.

I applied to:

USC, Tufts, VCU, UoP, UNLV, Arizona, NYU, Columbia, Boston.

What could this mean?

You applied to 9 schools and haven't heard back. I applied to 16 schools last year Oct 14th and didn't hear back from any. This year I applied early to 22 and get 7 interviews. Like the above poster say, procrastination doesn't pay.

be persistant. call the schools you are interested in and ask for your status. it shows your interested.