Is this a good way to get hours for PA school?

Started by McNelly
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

McNelly

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For direct care hours, does it have to be paid? Or can it be volunteer? Also what would qualify as a medical assistant? Reason why I ask is I know a dermatologist and I was thinking about reaching out and seeing if I could be a medical assistant if that would count. I also was looking at being a physical therapy aide.

My last question is how many hours should I try to get? I’m from Kansas, and my state’s PA program does not have a certain amount required it just recommends that you have some.
 
Every school that you wish to apply for will have a different standard for what constitutes health care experience that they will allow. You’ll be best served by consulting their websites.