is this a science course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

issa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am taking HCR 119 - First Aid: Respding to Emergency. it is a health care course. it Provides knowledge and skills to help sustain life and minimize pain and consequences of injury/illness in an emergency situation. Lectures and hands-on practice of techniques (CPR-AED certification).

is this a science course?

Members don't see this ad.

It is an elective health course. However, I do not think it fulfills the science requirements mandated by professional dental or medical schools.

i wouldn't think so. if you count that as science, you might as well count weight training and nutrition classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
actually AADSAS says to list nutrition classes as "other science" courses

interesting (and somewhat surprising), but i suppose nutrition can be more "sciency" than the other two, depending on how in-depth the course material is.

i still equate a first aid class to weight training (where anatomy and training techniques are discussed) on the level of science involved and would be highly surprised if it can be considered a science course.

Personally, I don't see why you couldn't if it involves any physiology, anatomy etc which I'm willing to wager it does. I am EMT Basic defib cert and our class had tons of "science" I would probably count it. If it involves things only like calling 9-11 or strapping someone to into a neck brace, then maybe not.
GO SABRES!!!! -- Sorry, superstition.