Is this clinical experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MuffinPuffin

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
And is this the right type of experience? The job title is Specimen Technician. I'd need to oversee, collect, package, and ship urine/oral fluids from patients in a lab setting (not at a clinic/hospital). My duties would also include MISC paperwork on the side. I believe I'll only be working alongside phlebotomists.

Members don't see this ad.

And is this the right type of experience? The job title is Specimen Technician. I'd need to oversee, collect, package, and ship urine/oral fluids from patients in a lab setting (not at a clinic/hospital). My duties would also include MISC paperwork on the side. I believe I'll only be working alongside phlebotomists.
For med school application purposes, you need an activity where you are interacting with current patients, if you want to label it "Clinical." This is not the "right type of experience" to fulfill that expectation.

Reactions: 1 users
Valuable experience, but not necessarily clinical.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope