• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

Tikopia

2+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2017
Hey all,

I am volunteering at a mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic where I do patient intake - medical history, conditions, background, occupation, etc. to determine vaccine eligibility and facilitate the whole process. Would this be considered a clinical experience? I have really enjoyed the experience but am curious how it would most aptly be classified on AMCAS. Thanks in advance y'all

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
It isn't classified by AMCAS, you classify it yourself.

These people are there to receive an injection that is intended to reduce the risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19. You are there to assess their eligiblitiy to receive the product that has emergency use approval from the FDA.

I think that they are patients and you could call this clinical. It should not be your only clinical experience.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.