Is this Clinical Volunteering Experience?

Started by Tikopia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tikopia

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I am volunteering at a mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic where I do patient intake - medical history, conditions, background, occupation, etc. to determine vaccine eligibility and facilitate the whole process. Would this be considered a clinical experience? I have really enjoyed the experience but am curious how it would most aptly be classified on AMCAS. Thanks in advance y'all
 
It isn't classified by AMCAS, you classify it yourself.

These people are there to receive an injection that is intended to reduce the risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19. You are there to assess their eligiblitiy to receive the product that has emergency use approval from the FDA.

I think that they are patients and you could call this clinical. It should not be your only clinical experience.