Is this Clinical Work Experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chickpeagoals

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For a period of time, I worked at CSL Plasma as a Donor Support Tech. I was responsible for setting up the machine, monitoring the donor, and disconnecting the donor.

Members don't see this ad.

For a period of time, I worked at CSL Plasma as a Donor Support Tech. I was responsible for setting up the machine, monitoring the donor, and disconnecting the donor.
Was the donor a patient at the time of the encounter? Probably not. Thus, many adcomms may not view it as the type of clinical experience they are looking for. It might be best to classify it as nonclinical, describe what you did, and let adcomms decide for themselves based on their own opinions on the matter. It sounds like a great experience within a clinical environment though, especially as it required people skills.

Reactions: 1 users
Was the donor a patient at the time of the encounter? Probably not. Thus, many adcomms may not view it as the type of clinical experience they are looking for. It might be best to classify it as nonclinical, describe what you did, and let adcomms decide for themselves based on their own opinions on the matter. It sounds like a great experience within a clinical environment though, especially as it required people skills.

Yeah I think you could argue that it is clinical, but like catalystik said, it is excellent experience in just getting comfortable talking to/ touching people. This sounds weird, but lots of friends who are med students and doctors I have shadowed talk about those first exams as a medical student being incredibly awkward just because it's new, so this is good experience to get a head start on getting over that

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks everyone! I'll just let them decide if it is or not