is this clinical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I always thought this was nonclinical but i am second guessing myself now.

My tasks have been directly supporting a people with disabilities on things such as shower, walking with them to places, appointments in a residential setting. But I have also done cleaning/cooking/driving. I do not administer medications but I know about the medical information and interventions(measuring blood pressure or seizure etc) that I need to take & contact the nurse if necessary.
 
This is what might be called "custodial care" and is supportive of the client's activities of daily living, not so much "healthcare related" as I just responded to another poster who had that specfic term in a secondary.

That said, the care you provide is very intimate and the population is vulnerable. That will be seen in a positive light in terms of experience even if it is not specifically "clinical".
 
This is what might be called "custodial care" and is supportive of the client's activities of daily living, not so much "healthcare related" as I just responded to another poster who had that specfic term in a secondary.

That said, the care you provide is very intimate and the population is vulnerable. That will be seen in a positive light in terms of experience even if it is not specifically "clinical".

So in AMCAS, would I categorize this as nonclinical? I read some posts on sdn where people were recommending clinical as a category for this. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad