Is this considered a "Science" LOR?

Started by qwerty89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qwerty89

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a LOR from a professor from my class titled: Psychology 127B: Abnormal Psychology - Biological Bases. Is this considered a science class? It was not included in my AMCAS app since I submitted before I got the grades back for this class.

If its not I'm basically screwed cause then I will have 2 non-science and 1 science instead of the other way around.

FYI, I listed a class that I took titled Psychology 112B: Psychobiology of Fear & Anxiety as a "Biology" course and it was not corrected after verification. I dunno if that helps.
 
The best answer I can give you is "check with the schools"

I believe it would depend on the content of the class, although I would generally not consider psychology to be science. (Not because psychology is not a science, but just because it's not BCMP)

What is your professor's area of expertise? Psychology or neuroscience? This is why you should just get a BCMP letter of rec, but I understand it's not always as easy as it sounds.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.