Is this EC worth including in my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osono

Reaction score
Hello! I worked as a clinical research coordinator for around 2 months full time after I graduated with my degree. I left that job to move back home with my dad and study for the MCAT full time. I do think it was a great experience, as it was my first full time job and I got to see how clinical samples were tested and what the process of collecting those samples and compiling them looked like. I had half office and half laboratory duties- sorting clinical data as well as samples that our company ran on the machines they produced.
I like to think that having a good understanding of the full scope of healthcare makes a well-rounded applicant. I have experience in a few settings- hospital, nursing home, clinic, and this- which was more of the back end (laboratory testing, data for clinical trials, etc). Again, since I've always been a full time student it was my first experience in the "real-world", so I do think it was important- I'm just worried about the length of the activity. Let me know what you think, thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Eh

Although goro knows better than I do, I would recommend leaving activities off if they were fewer than 3 months long (ideally not less than 6 months). Ofc if we’re talking summer fellowships or internships and such, this rule doesn’t apply. But tbh, plenty of applicants work or are in school full time during MCAT studying so not sure if this is a valid reason for leaving

My 2 cents

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)