Is this enough to apply to Harvard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Progeny

Davinci
Reaction score
I'm currently sitting at a 3.8 GPA and a 26AA but my extracurriculars aren't spectacular (I have about 200 shadowing hours and a few club involvements). Is it worth applying to Harvard and do I have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

If you meet the prereqs for Harvard you can apply; matriculating is completely different. Look at the WAMC format and you'll get alot more helpful responses. Every school, especially Harvard, looks at more than just GPA and DAT. That being said, your GPA and DAT is basically the same for the 2023 Harvard class profile.

I'm currently sitting at a 3.8 GPA and a 26AA but my extracurriculars aren't spectacular (I have about 200 shadowing hours and a few club involvements). Is it worth applying to Harvard and do I have a chance?
#humblebrag

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone applying to Harvard has basically the same scores. Your EC, Club activities, and other things like founding an orphanage are what set you apart.

You have the stats to shoot your shot. But, I'd say if you're gonna apply you should do it sooner rater than later.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone applying to Harvard has basically the same scores. Your EC, Club activities, and other things like founding an orphanage are what set you apart.

You have the stats to shoot your shot. But, I'd say if you're gonna apply you should do it sooner rater than later.

Good point.

I'll be applying next cycle, I'm taking a gap year to build my application.

work on opening up that orphanage that @Hi Just Lurking was talking about.. I'm sure that'll beef up that application

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
OP, how is anyone who isnt on Harvards admissions committee able to answer this question? We can guess but we don't know... Call HSDM and ask them