Is this illegal? Do these drugs have anything to do with each other?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ny2050

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a prescription for oxy that I filled last week. I know I'm not allowed to fill that again for another month. I just got really sick this week and was prescribed prometh with codeine. I was wondering if that would be considered a pain killer and am I allowed to fill this the same month as oxy?

If a prescription does get by early who is it on, the doctor? Pharmacy? Or the person? And can someone get in trouble?

Thank you never had prometh before so I didn't know what it was till I got home and researched it. Thanks for any help

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think sdn allows any medical advice to be done in the forum. However, it is not illegal to fill both together.

Members don't see this ad :)
On the prescription one says for cough and one says for pain. On the back. Are you positive that these are not allowed to be filled together. There for 2 different reasons

I have a prescription for oxy that I filled last week. I know I'm not allowed to fill that again for another month. I just got really sick this week and was prescribed prometh with codeine. I was wondering if that would be considered a pain killer and am I allowed to fill this the same month as oxy?

If a prescription does get by early who is it on, the doctor? Pharmacy? Or the person? And can someone get in trouble?

Thank you never had prometh before so I didn't know what it was till I got home and researched it. Thanks for any help

Codeine and oxycodone have some similarities that may make some hesitate to fill both prescriptions. If you are using oxycodone regularly, these similarities also mean that you probably won't get much additional benefit from the codeine. You should discuss other options with your pharmacist to help with your cough.

As long as both drugs were prescribed legitimately and you're using them as instructed, and your pharmacist knows you, that should not be a problem. Were they both written by the same doctor?

Status
Not open for further replies.