Is this unusual?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libertyyne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Found this on yelp, not sure if marketing this was was expected or just something unusual.
Was the Aston Martin necessary ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
[QUOTE="libertyyne, post: 19643948, member:
Found this on yelp, not sure if marketing this was was expected or just something unusual.
Was the Aston Martin necessary ?

Yes. Very.[/QUOTE]
To the first question or second?

Wow he did that breast revision in about 6 seconds

Reactions: 2 users
I am not sure what's so unusual about the 'ad'...

He is just saying 'I am a successful plastic surgeon because I am passionate about what I do. Here is what I got to show for it.' We all know these things work.

Last edited:
I am not sure what's so unusual about the 'commercial'...

He is just saying 'I am a successful plastic surgeon because I am passionate about what I do. Here is what I got to show for it.' We all know these things work.
I meant in terms of advertising. Do plastics folks have to advertise? If so it seemed like he was advertising the car . But I don't know. Just seems a little much.

I meant in terms of advertising. Do plastics folks have to advertise? If so it seemed like he was advertising the car . But I don't know. Just seems a little much.
Some [doctors] do in FB others do in local newspaper, local TV station, youtube etc... It's not unique to plastics. Derm, OMFS and Dentists do it as well...

Maybe it's because I live in south FL...

Definitely advertising. May seem a little excessive, but it makes him stand out from the rest.

I thought it was cool, tbh. I'd let him do my rhinoplasty.

Reactions: 4 users
Definitely advertising. May seem a little excessive, but it makes him stand out from the rest.

I thought it was cool, tbh. I'd let him do my rhinoplasty.
it was totally sweet. I just didnt realize Doctors needed to advertise at this level. He probably spent a good chunk of change making that add.

it was totally sweet. I just didnt realize Doctors needed to advertise at this level. He probably spent a good chunk of change making that add.
I think he'll survive

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)

This is normal advertising. While other specialties will sell a different image, many physicians will do this. They may target different patient populations or even different audiences all together, but medicine is a business and while medical students/residents aren't trained in it, it is an ever present part of your career.

This type of ad isn't particularly expensive either. Guessing on the order of 5-20k depending on who he knows and how much effort needed to be expended.

Reactions: 3 users
3 cases in a day? Whelp time to start studying for step

Reactions: 1 users
3 cases in a day? Whelp time to start studying for step
You missed the part where he had been operating for hours already before arriving to office before everyone else.

#goals

This is bugging me way more than it probably should, but he definitely left his car door open and just walked away without closing it...

Good grief, check out his "Meet Dr. Ip" page:
He goes on and on about where his father, brothers, his brothers' wives, his sisters, his sisters' husbands, his own wife did their education/training, regardless of whether it's relevant to medicine. Totally unnecessary.
Meet T.Y. Steven Ip, MD | Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
Between this guy and the "Board Certified Jewish Dermatologist," Newport Beach has some weird, self-promoting doctors. Will make a point to steer clear from there.

Good grief, check out his "Meet Dr. Ip" page:
He goes on and on about where his father, brothers, his brothers' wives, his sisters, his sisters' husbands, his own wife did their education/training, regardless of whether it's relevant to medicine. Totally unnecessary.
Meet T.Y. Steven Ip, MD | Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon
Between this guy and the "Board Certified Jewish Dermatologist," Newport Beach has some weird, self-promoting doctors. Will make a point to steer clear from there.
That is definitely unnecessary...

Subtle duke name drop...haha, i like this guy’s moxie

It's advertising. When you are in charge of your own business, this is how it's done for targeting high-end clientele.

Curious that he simply says "University of Texas" for medical school. Given his status-consciousness, it certainly wasn't UTSW.
(smirk)

Reactions: 7 users
This is normal advertising. While other specialties will sell a different image, many physicians will do this. They may target different patient populations or even different audiences all together, but medicine is a business and while medical students/residents aren't trained in it, it is an ever present part of your career.

This type of ad isn't particularly expensive either. Guessing on the order of 5-20k depending on who he knows and how much effort needed to be expended.

We would love to see your video someday Mimelim

Subtle duke name drop...haha, i like this guy’s moxie

The written ad is even better “prestigious Duke university” and “world renowned Columbia...”

Yeah, I have to agree with this. The advertisement itself is fine but others' accomplishments should not have much bearing on one's own.

There are still many people who put a lot of stock into one's pedigree. He's telling you "I come from a long line of success. My parents are smart and successful, my siblings are all smart and successful, I'm smart and successful. Do business with me and you'll be in good hands."

What a loser haha. This is like the facebook equivalent for an older person with money.

In this thread: haters hating on success

Success does not equate to being a self-centered, insecure braggart. Or do you run around the hospital laughing at sick people who are just jealous of your awesome health?

Lol... Now we know he did not have a high MCAT score :p

but he has an Aston Martin whereas you had a high MCAT score. Where is your Yelp video ad?

Reactions: 4 users
this dude is doing cash business.

it gets worse

6C57BA57-5D42-4125-A2E7-0B4E39CF4F20.jpeg

this princess, Dr J. Rodríguez-Feliz, (aka “the Artist”) graduated from Univ of Puerto Rico. UPR looks good compared to other non-LCME Caribbean medical schools but not by much. Yet he has 3 beautiful medical offices in Miami: Coral Gables, Baptist Hospital and South Miami.

8840E0EB-4119-4669-A6A3-7EE7D5E1DC75.jpeg

And this tom terrific sweetheart, Dr Constantino Mendieta MD, graduated from Creighton University. The idea of studying medicine in Nebraska doesnt scream high MCAT scores. His specialty? Brazilian Butts. Oh, and btw, he has quite the news media footprint. School rankings, tier levels and AOA only matter on SDN

Aston Martin just blows. Color me green for being one jealous beaatch

it gets worse

View attachment 228265

this princess, Dr J. Rodríguez-Feliz, (aka “the Artist”) graduated from Univ of Puerto Rico. UPR looks good compared to other non-LCME Caribbean medical schools but not by much. Yet he has 3 beautiful medical offices in Miami: Coral Gables, Baptist Hospital and South Miami.

View attachment 228266

And this tom terrific sweetheart, Dr Constantino Mendieta MD, graduated from Creighton University. The idea of studying medicine in Nebraska doesnt scream high MCAT scores. His specialty? Brazilian Butts. Oh, and btw, he has quite the news media footprint. School rankings, tier levels and AOA only matter on SDN

Aston Martin just blows. Color me green for being one jealous beaatch
Are you serious? I am familiar with the island, UPR med school is a good school and their students match very well in the mainland.

Here is an example (PGY1): Current Residents | Department of Medicine | Stanford Medicine

Yeah, I have to agree with this. The advertisement itself is fine but others' accomplishments should not have much bearing on one's own.

Shouldn't... but talk to many Indians and you'll find it can influence them. Coming from someone who is part Indian. Any other Asians who can vouch for that?

Some [doctors] do in FB others do in local newspaper, local TV station, youtube etc... It's not unique to plastics. Derm, OMFS and Dentists do it as well...

Maybe it's because I live in south FL...

Yeah, medicine in Florida is.... special.

UPR is LCME accredited... however I agree there is no debating this guy is a massive princess. You can see his glass high heels in his pics if you squint.

These guys literally are Boobs, Butts, and Miami Beach....

we have very different definitions of the word good.
That might be the case... My perception my be colored because I like hot latina, and I also had the benefit of doing an away rotation at one of their teaching hospitals.

UPR is LCME accredited... however I agree there is no debating this guy is a massive princess. You can see his glass high heels in his pics if you squint..

PR has 4 medical schools and depending on the year, they may or may not be LCME accredited all at the same time +/- probatiobary status.

kudos for the high heels comment. He can probably get away with wearing them on Ocean Drive Friday nights. Damn him

UPR is LCME accredited... however I agree there is no debating this guy is a massive princess. You can see his glass high heels in his pics if you squint.

These guys literally are Boobs, Butts, and Miami Beach....

You want a boat dont you harry

I honestly thought it was satire until I realized it wasn't

My favorite was the stand still stop in the parking garage for the long look at the watch