Israeli Schools Question..Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramona223

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi again,
I can't seem to get a good consensus on the application timeline for the 3 schools...Is it DISadvantageous to apply after the August MCAT scores arrive? Or is it better to apply, say, in late July and tell them to wait?

My numbers at this point are definitely sub-par and I don't want them to start evaluating quite yet...Would prefer to wait until October....Is there any AMCAS-esque advantage of getting apps in earlier with these schools? I know most of them work on a rolling admissions basis...THEY of course tell you there's no disadvantage, but I know for example Sackler starts looking at apps in late June this year--

Also, anyone know if they average or take the highest of your MCAT scores?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have nothing to base this on, so take it with a grain of salt...but I dont think they average. I think they look at them independently or look for improvements.

I don't know about the MCAT score question, I just htink that you shouldn't worry about it as much as you would if you were applying to a larger program. Since fewer people apply to Sackler, I think that they actually bother to look at your whole application, they don't just plug your scores into a mathamatical formula and then decide whether to let you in or not.

I'm basing this on my own expereince as I applied 'late' in December and yet got one of the first interview dates in January. I'm guessing that this happened because very few people apply early (remember, they accept applicatons till June, so people tend to wait until they know if they got into a US school or not before they apply) and they had a chance to actually go over my entire app. My impression is that by having such a small program, the adcom is more informal and not bound by the rigid regulations that other schools have. Since I'm sure there is more to your application than just your MCAT score, I think that you can relax a bit when it comes to Sackler and just apply when you are ready.