M.D P.hD from Israel and license from Connecticut

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnDr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm an attending physician in Israel, M.D P.hD and I will do a fellowship an Washington D.C.
I also passed USMLE Step 1, 2CS, 2CK and 3, and I'm ECFMG Certified.

Regardless my fellowship, I understood that it's possible to get an American MD license at Connecticut,
Even though my medical school was at Israel and also all of my trainingת internship and residency.

I read the following requirements from Connecticut Public Health website:
DPH: Physician Licensure Requirements - U.S. Trained Applicants

The first requirement is
Graduated with the M.D. or D.O. degree from a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA);

While exploring LCME at http://lcme.org/ and AOA at American Osteopathic Association
I think that only medical schools from USA and Canada are accredited.

Did I get it right?
Does it mean that I can't gent an American MD license at Connecticut?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm an attending physician in Israel, M.D P.hD and I will do a fellowship an Washington D.C.
I also passed USMLE Step 1, 2CS, 2CK and 3, and I'm ECFMG Certified.

Regardless my fellowship, I understood that it's possible to get an American MD license at Connecticut,
Even though my medical school was at Israel and also all of my trainingת internship and residency.

I read the following requirements from Connecticut Public Health website:
DPH: Physician Licensure Requirements - U.S. Trained Applicants

The first requirement is
Graduated with the M.D. or D.O. degree from a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA);

While exploring LCME at http://lcme.org/ and AOA at American Osteopathic Association
I think that only medical schools from USA and Canada are accredited.

Did I get it right?
Does it mean that I can't gent an American MD license at Connecticut?

Thank you.

This reply is probably late
Though I do not know much about CT licensing. It depends on specialty and state. SOme super specialties, will allow you to license as long as the hospital justifies it. And the license is typically a limited one (to that specific hospital)