Israeli Schools: This is Either Entertaining or Tragic or Both

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramona223

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, nevermind that post. hehe

Members don't see this ad.

English is obviously NOT this guy's first language. Plus, Israelis are notoriously "rude" by American standards. When I was there, I often found their curt replies refreshing.

It sounds like you're going hyper-freak about nothing tangible. Who cares if you blew your chance with this school? It sounds like it's a long-shot anyway. You can't do anything about some possible mistake you've already made. Just keep communicating, add to your application if you can, and hope for the best. Quit worrying. It isn't helping.

secretwave101 said:
English is obviously NOT this guy's first language. Plus, Israelis are notoriously "rude" by American standards. When I was there, I often found their curt replies refreshing.

It sounds like you're going hyper-freak about nothing tangible. Who cares if you blew your chance with this school? It sounds like it's a long-shot anyway. You can't do anything about some possible mistake you've already made. Just keep communicating, add to your application if you can, and hope for the best. Quit worrying. It isn't helping.

Yea, you're right, I did flip out for a while there. But I definitely had the same impression you did, that there was a cultural thing going on with the way he responded. Most of my Israeli friends are very straight-forward and don't engage in "all smiles/ fake-nice" public relations tactics. I actually find it refreshing and funny too...But I was surprised, I mean he is the DEAN. Then again, in previous emails he sounded aloof and removed from the application process, since he referred me to his staff and all.

You know, it really gets messy when you have the whole dual citizen thing going for you...

Its a predisposition for the dr. jekyll and mr. hyde complex.

Believe me...