ITE scoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seamonkey

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have absolutely no idea how this works, but am taking it tomorrow for the 1st time as a CA1.

explanations would be appreciated, as i'm too lazy to ask anyone else right now

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about the raw scores, these are meaningless. Your PD will focus on your national percentile as it compares to your peer group. Your PD can also use these scores to rank you against your fellow residents at your program.

Don't blow this first test off! PD's can penalize a poor performance by placing you on academic probation, which you will have to disclose on possible future fellowship applications and even hospital credentialling applications. Residents have also been fired for consecutive poor performance on ITE's.

A poor performance trend tends to indicate a possible failure on the written boards, which reflects poorly on the overall educational experience at any given program. Rather than taking a risk by letting a resident who has a sh*tty ITE track record, PD's will simple ****-can you before giving you the chance to fail the written on their watch.:eek:

i have absolutely no idea how this works, but am taking it tomorrow for the 1st time as a CA1.

explanations would be appreciated, as i'm too lazy to ask anyone else right now

thanks. my pd sez we just have to beat the bottom 10% as CA1s.....hope i can manage that. will aim for much much better next year

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't blow this first test off! PD's can penalize a poor performance by placing you on academic probation, which you will have to disclose on possible future fellowship applications and even hospital credentialling applications. Residents have also been fired for consecutive poor performance on ITE's.

The night before an exam is probably the wrong time to be warning someone they shouldn't blow an exam.