MD & DO It's been a year, anyone know updates with Amir Al Dabaagh (Case Western) and Anjali Rankissoon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flightnurse2MD

I’m just a Maserati in a world of Kias
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody know the status of these 2 kids? Medicine is a small world so somone should know, albeit these two individuals are probably no longer in medicine....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know the status of these 2 kids? Medicine is a small world so somone should know, albeit these two individuals are probably no longer in medicine....

Uptown_JW_Bruh.jpg

Reactions: 24 users
They both got fired and haven't made the news since. Ramkissoon can presumably practice somewhere (she was >3 years in to residency), but Al Dabaagh is out of medicine. Forever. Period.

Reactions: 1 users
AR probably makes $1M/yr running a cosmetic laser and anti aging BS cash only gig that her father helped her set up. That's what I'd be doing. Army of midlevels and techs and me counting the cash in the back.

--
Il Destriero

Reactions: 5 users
AR probably makes $1M/yr running a cosmetic laser and anti aging BS cash only gig that her father helped her set up. That's what I'd be doing. Army of midlevels and techs and me counting the cash in the back.

--
Il Destriero

Uhhhhh if any of my fellow residents are reading this, I'm...uh...gonna be sick tomorrow. And this week. For awhile. I mean research. Gonna be doing some research. On my yacht. Yeah.

Reactions: 4 users
"General practioner".

You don't need to finish residency to get licensed. Just 1-3 years, depending on what state you're from and where you went to med school. And anyone with a license can legally practice medicine. They probably can't get hospital privileges anywhere and many insurance companies won't contract with them, but medicare will.

In 30-some odd states, US MD graduates with 1 year of residency (any residency) can hang up a shingle and open a primary care practice. It's an awful idea, but perfectly legal.

Reactions: 4 users
"General practioner".

You don't need to finish residency to get licensed. Just 1-3 years, depending on what state you're from and where you went to med school. And anyone with a license can legally practice medicine. They probably can't get hospital privileges anywhere and many insurance companies won't contract with them, but medicare will.

In 30-some odd states, US MD graduates with 1 year of residency (any residency) can hang up a shingle and open a primary care practice. It's an awful idea, but perfectly legal.

damn I would like to know how much these make.
Also, I remember hearing about people not even doing a year of residency an working as GPs. I think they worked in Puerto Rico for a while or something.

"During his five years of medical training, CWRU's Committee on Students had disciplined Al-Dabagh, alleging he tried to cover up three late attendances; was rude at a 2012 dance; tried to skirt a cab fare by jumping out of the moving car; was the target of complaints from a patient's family; and gave patient case summaries where he might not have personally examined the patient."

What's with these people and taxi cabs?

"During his five years of medical training, CWRU's Committee on Students had disciplined Al-Dabagh, alleging he tried to cover up three late attendances; was rude at a 2012 dance; tried to skirt a cab fare by jumping out of the moving car; was the target of complaints from a patient's family; and gave patient case summaries where he might not have personally examined the patient."

http://www.hsdermatology.com/images/content/Al_Dabagh_Headshot_2014.jpg

This dude looks pretty Caucasian to me

Members don't see this ad :)
damn I would like to know how much these make.
Also, I remember hearing about people not even doing a year of residency an working as GPs. I think they worked in Puerto Rico for a while or something.

You cannot get a license for independent practice anywhere in this country without at least a year of residency, Puerto Rico included. There's a new option this year for untrained MD graduates to work as a "assistant physician" in Missouri, but no one has ever done it yet (the board just announced the rules surrounding it within the last couple months).

Prison medicine and occupational clinics (the billboards you see on interstate highways out west offering to sign your medical forms so you can keep driving truck) are where most non-board eligible physicians end up.

I wonder what it would be like to be the only doctor in a prison, after finishing just intern year.

You cannot get a license for independent practice anywhere in this country without at least a year of residency, Puerto Rico included. There's a new option this year for untrained MD graduates to work as a "assistant physician" in Missouri, but no one has ever done it yet (the board just announced the rules surrounding it within the last couple months).
You can get a PR GP license with one year non ACGME accredited internship... My friend who graduated from a Carib school is working for the Indian Health Services with a PR GP license. He makes 180k/year with great benefits!

You can use that PR license to get an ACN (Areas of Critical Need) license in FL, but you have to find one of these places that offer you employment before you can apply for the ACN license.

Last edited:
Ramkissoon did obtain a FL license... and practicing medicine in North Miami now.

Last edited:
Ramkissoon did obtain a FL license... and practicing medicine in North Miami now.
No way... is she a psychiatrist because I thought my new psychiatrist looked kind of like her...

You can get a PR GP license with one year non ACGME accredited internship... My friend who graduated from a Carib school is working for the Indian Health Services with a PR GP license. He makes 180k/year with great benefits!

You can use that PR license to get an ACN (Areas of Critical Need) license in FL, but you have to find one of these places that offer you employment before you can apply for the ACN license.

You mean, you can get a PR GP license doing one year in PR? or one year in a US mainland non ACGME accredited internship?
So basically, those carib students who don't match, can just go to PR, do a couple years and then come back here and work? (albeit IHS, ANC)

You mean, you can get a PR GP license doing one year in PR? or one year in a US mainland non ACGME accredited internship?
So basically, those carib students who don't match, can just go to PR, do a couple years and then come back here and work? (albeit IHS, ANC)
Yep... That is the only loophole in the system that I know of. As I said before, a friend of mine did that and has a PR license; he is working for Indian Health Service in the US because you just need a state license (any state) to work for the federal government.

These non ACGME accredited interships pay very little or don't pay at all I was told... From what I gathered from my friend is that PR has a big physician shortage and they don't have that NP/PA stuff with have here in the US, so the government make it easier for Puerto Rican IMGs (or Spanish speaking IMG) to get a GP license. Not sure you can get PR license with a year non ACGME accredited US mainland internship. Not sure if that even exist in the US mainland anyway.

Last edited:
Well, there is a Dr. Anjali Ramkissoon practicing psychiatry in north Miami.
Not board certified though, so is that legal?

I guess what I'm asking is what's stopping me from doing 1 year of residency and opening up a cash only psych practice in the sticks?

I guess what I'm asking is what's stopping me from doing 1 year of residency and opening up a cash only psych practice in the sticks?
Board certification is different from and has higher requirements than licensure. Board certification is not necessary to practice and sometimes not necessary to be employed by a hospital.

insurance premiums and employability. But it can be done. I know several FPs that work as OBGYNs and have hospital privileges

Geez some of this stuff is so dumb...

insurance premiums and employability. But it can be done. I know several FPs that work as OBGYNs and have hospital privileges
Sounds needlessly painful, think I'll go the traditional route... still nice to know if I ever assault a cabbie (and believe you me it's coming) there's a cush private practice psych gig waiting for me in some major metropolitan area

Highly recommend people read the reviews by her patients, some are just too funny

"I left her office feeling like she was an entitled little spoiled brat. She cared more about her cell phone that was going off nonstop with which ever man she was going to be pleasing that evening. PLEASE AVOID THIS WOMAN. She does not care about her patients!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Reactions: 10 users
"I left her office feeling like she was an entitled little spoiled brat. She cared more about her cell phone that was going off nonstop with which ever man she was going to be pleasing that evening."

Ah sheit, you caught me:whistle:

OB is a core part of FM training so this makes sense...

I'm more mystified at Amir Al-Dagbah. In a residency despite getting a MD taken away from him?

AS somebody who is no longer interested in pursuing psych...

Mental health is super important and requires very special people to take that task on.

But WHY THE HELL would you let somebody like her enter into a specialty that deals with intense situations and an extremely vulnerable patient population?
(Besides that fact that Daddy Ramkissoon probably has the connections)

I'm sure she has a bit of a Cluster B personality disorder thing going on.

I feel extremely sorry for her patients.

Reactions: 2 users

Mental health is super important and requires very special people to take that task on.

But WHY THE HELL would you let somebody like her enter into a specialty that deals with intense situations and an extremely vulnerable patient population?

I find that people who have gone through really difficult things in life or are judged harshly tend to become the most empathetic and carrying people because they've gone through it themselves. They understand it better. She's been heavily scrutinized online and in the media about something she did, she understands better than anyone to show empathy during someone's trying/difficult time.

I hate how people on the internet assume a "holier than thou" mentality like they've never done a single bad thing in their lives. Just because she had that incident happen doesn't mean she didn't learn from it/grow from it/develop from it. Doctors are human and aren't static characters that can't change. Who knows, maybe she's an amazing therapist and makes amazing, positive impact on her patient's lives.

Reactions: 8 users
I find that people who have gone through really difficult things in life or are judged harshly tend to become the most empathetic and carrying people because they've gone through it themselves. They understand it better. She's been heavily scrutinized online and in the media about something she did, she understands better than anyone to show empathy during someone's trying/difficult time.

I hate how people on the internet assume a "holier than thou" mentality like they've never done a single bad thing in their lives. Just because she had that incident happen doesn't mean she didn't learn from it/grow from it/develop from it. Doctors are human and aren't static characters that can't change. Who knows, maybe she's an amazing therapist and makes amazing, positive impact on her patient's lives.

"I left her office feeling like she was an entitled little spoiled brat. She cared more about her cell phone that was going off nonstop with which ever man she was going to be pleasing that evening. PLEASE AVOID THIS WOMAN. She does not care about her patients!"

LOL

sounds reallllyyy empathetic homie.

LOL

sounds reallllyyy empathetic homie.
Who knows if that's an actual real review or someone got really annoyed at her story and left a nasty comment on her page.

Reactions: 3 users
Who knows if that's an actual real review or someone got really annoyed at her story and left a nasty comment on her page.

Every medical school in the nation undergoes some sort of professionalism training in the during its 4 years.

I'm careful how I speak, how I act, and consciously don't ever put myself in positions that can screw me over because I know I have A LOT more to lose than some random punk on the street with face tattoos that is mouthing off.

I say "yes/no, Ma'am" and "yes/no, Sir" to anybody and everybody in Public and I was definitely not raised in the south.

Idk dude.

Ramkissoon is a rich daddy's girl with money to blow and the connections so of course she got away with what she did.

Somebody like ME?

Not a chance in hell. I'm half her age and a darker skin tone than her. I'd be drug up and down the media if I was in her situation and didn't have the connections that she did.

I get people make mistakes.

But we are (future) doctors.

We need to hold ourselves to a higher accountability than the lay public.

Doesn't mean that we are better than anybody else like that brat that unfortunate night in Miami.

I'm more mystified at Amir Al-Dagbah. In a residency despite getting a MD taken away from him?

Yeah, he's there... wow.

I know the area where his family lives quite well, to put it mildly. I'm fairly confident that his older brother and I went to the same high school at the same time. McLaren is an FMG factory, but also one of the main sites for the newish Flint campus of Michigan State's MD school. Physicians in that area have had a tendency to look out for their own when it comes to their kids coming in from foreign medical schools, but this is something else entirely. Perhaps something else happened with the case that flew below the media radar? Seems the least unlikely explanation I can come up with.

@operaman, I may need your expertise for a more important case now!

Yeah, he's there... wow.

I know the area where his family lives quite well, to put it mildly. I'm fairly confident that his older brother and I went to the same high school at the same time. McLaren is an FMG factory, but also one of the main sites for the newish Flint campus of Michigan State's MD school. Physicians in that area have had a tendency to look out for their own when it comes to their kids coming in from foreign medical schools, but this is something else entirely. Perhaps something else happened with the case that flew below the media radar? Seems the least unlikely explanation I can come up with.

@operaman, I may need your expertise for a more important case now!
How does one practice without a degree. At first I thought it was a different dude, but no he went to case according to his linked in.

Several states do not require completion or even participation in residency a requirement to become licensed by the state. The only universal requirements I'm aware of are completion of medical school and passing all 3 Step/Level exams. Florida only requires an individual to complete 1 year of residency to become licensed or 3 if you're an FMG (she was in her 4th year when dismissed, so she's covered there). The issue is that if you don't complete residency most insurance companies won't pay you and you can't get reimbursement from Medicare/caid, so you essentially have to set up a cash only practice (which she did).

Additionally, psychiatry didn't "let her into the specialty". It seems she decided the easiest way to make a living as a cash only physician was to practice psychiatry. Although I also found a profile of her saying she is practicing FM, so who knows what she's actually doing...

Anyway, here's state licensing laws for those interested: http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/physicianchart.pdf

Judging by the reviews on her sight as well as watching past videos of interviews, I'm going to go ahead and say she hasn't really learned much...

How does one practice without a degree. At first I thought it was a different dude, but no he went to case according to his linked in.

From what I remember, he actually did get his degree and it was retro-actively revoked. Idk if that was actually upheld by Ohio, so he may technically still have a degree even if Case doesn't acknowledge it.

Edit: Actually looking back, it seems it was never granted to him. Which begs the even bigger question of how was he able to start his Derm residency (his first residency) without a degree??

Several states do not require completion or even participation in residency a requirement to become licensed by the state. The only universal requirements I'm aware of are completion of medical school and passing all 3 Step/Level exams. Florida only requires an individual to complete 1 year of residency to become licensed or 3 if you're an FMG (she was in her 4th year when dismissed, so she's covered there). The issue is that if you don't complete residency most insurance companies won't pay you and you can't get reimbursement from Medicare/caid, so you essentially have to set up a cash only practice (which she did).

Additionally, psychiatry didn't "let her into the specialty". It seems she decided the easiest way to make a living as a cash only physician was to practice psychiatry. Although I also found a profile of her saying she is practicing FM, so who knows what she's actually doing...

Anyway, here's state licensing laws for those interested: http://www.visalaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/physicianchart.pdf

Judging by the reviews on her sight as well as watching past videos of interviews, I'm going to go ahead and say she hasn't really learned much...

From what I remember, he actually did get his degree and it was retro-actively revoked. Idk if that was actually upheld by Ohio, so he may technically still have a degree even if Case doesn't acknowledge it.

Edit: Actually looking back, it seems it was never granted to him. Which begs the even bigger question of how was he able to start his Derm residency (his first residency) without a degree??
If I remember correctly, he got his degree, they tried to revoke it, he got a stay (and thus the degree given back) and started residency, then the school won on appeal and he got booted.

If I remember correctly, he got his degree, they tried to revoke it, he got a stay (and thus the degree given back) and started residency, then the school won on appeal and he got booted.

This was my understanding. So the question becomes: Did he somehow get it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.