Its Going to be a long month... we all need a chill pill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeinsd

predictably unpredictable
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only read a few threads consistantly, but wow, I think there has been a fight in every single one of them today... and it is only march 2nd

cant we all just hold hands and sing kumbaya? what happened to the love?

allthough 'heated discussions' sure do pass the time :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I only read a few threads consistantly, but wow, I think there has been a fight in every single one of them today... and it is only march 2nd

Partly it's getting to the time of year when people are getting panicked with the process as the clock winds down to the buzzer, partly there seems to have been a big influx of new member instigators with suspect motives.

Come on over to the Mildly Official Countdown to March, then...we're discussing baked goods. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
sounds good...

is the consensus brownies or cupcakes, cause i am picking brownies, every time

sounds good...

is the consensus brownies or cupcakes, cause i am picking brownies, every time

I think the consensus is emotional eating. :) I'm making vanilla cupcakes, myself.

I think the consensus is emotional eating. :) I'm making vanilla cupcakes, myself.

yup yup.. just spent 2 hours making pad thai and thai coconut curry! At least it is not fattening...

or compulsive working out to counteract the baking/overeating

we are overachievers, after all

you know tension is high when there are problems in the MAYO2007 thread, the friendliest thread of all!

You've already been accepted, you have no right to tell us to chill out! Everyone get him! :laugh:

somebody smother him with a vanilla cupcake :mad:

PS I miss the warm, fuzzy SDN.

The arguments that tend to spur up around this time are inevitable, so long as they are within reason, they'll be bound to exist. Think of this place as a dysfunction (or functional?) family with its ups and downs. Around this time, would be the equivalence of the holiday months when everyone is up in arms against fellow shoppers lol.

you know tension is high when there are problems in the MAYO2007 thread, the friendliest thread of all!

exactly - we made it almost 1000 posts with nearly zero hint of negativity... till recently, oh well - its almost time for 'mayo 2007 - part deux' anyhow...

oh, and if you want to smother me, please let it be hagen daaz strawberry ice cream, thank you very much

oh, and if you want to smother me, please let it be hagen daaz strawberry ice cream, thank you very much

Mike, I don't know how to tell you this... you might be pregnant.

You want to drown in strawberry ice cream.

I'm sorry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mike, I don't know how to tell you this... you might be pregnant.

I'm sorry.

Nah, I think he's safe. Now, if he wanted to be smothered in strawberry ice cream and pickles...

Nah, I think he's safe. Now, if he wanted to be smothered in strawberry ice cream and pickles...

Ugh gross mix. Once when I was pregnant, I was sitting at a stoplight when I noticed a restaurant advertisement, "Chicken wings and Doughnuts". I actually had to open the car door and vomit on the road.

Ugh gross mix. Once when I was pregnant, I was sitting at a stoplight when I noticed a restaurant advertisement, "Chicken wings and Doughnuts". I actually had to open the car door and vomit on the road.

that put a stop to my compulsive overeating *she puts down the cookie dough*

Y'know...Strawberry ice cream used to be my favorite. I haven't had it in YEARS. (Became a bigger fan of coffee ice cream.) I think I may have to enjoy some, soon!

Dr. C Troy, its mdapps like yours and LifeTimeDoc's that confirm that luck is such a major part of this process. your mdapps is really impressive. Are you able to convey all of it concisely/coherently?

Dr. C Troy, its mdapps like yours and LifeTimeDoc's that confirm that luck is such a major part of this process. your mdapps is really impressive. Are you able to convey all of it concisely/coherently?

Agree. How can you NOT be in at least Arizona? Don't they limit their apps to residents exclusively?

So uh... where is this place.

Cause I love chicken wings and I love doughnuts.

Think about it. Chicken doughnuts. F-ing brilliant

So uh... where is this place.

Cause I love chicken wings and I love doughnuts.

Think about it. Chicken doughnuts. F-ing brilliant

Tucson. I still get nauseas when I think about it...

My Hockey team played tournaments in Upland, Ca and just down the street from that rink there is a great subway shop called route 66 subs... but that is not the point, right next to it there is a chinese food and doughnuts place... enough said

man. why, oh why does U of A not take OOSers

I think that Florida and Mississippi have the same sort of policy. Correct me if I'm wrong. Of course there are many others that might as well take only in-staters because oos matriculants are so rare.

I feel I've done extremely well at all my interviews.

However, my UA Phoenix interview was with a PhD, and he just wanted me to talk about my research, and that was all he cared about, so I wasn't really too happy with that one, since I'm doing MD and not MD/PhD, so I don't know how useful me describing the intracacies of my research will be to the Adcom.

SUNY, it really wasn't an interview, my interviewers just talked about the school with me for an hour each, and we talked primarily about skiing and the weather for whatever reason, probably because I missed the scheduled intervew date due to a weather-based flight cancellation.

Mayo was the only school where I really discussed my ECs, and I really feel as if those were my best interviews.

So to answer your question, yes I did, however, unless I get an interview at the school, I won't be given the opportunity to "shine" in that sense :(

And the UofA doesn't really take out of staters, with the exception of Montana and a few other states, due to the state legislature's desire to increase AZ's physician retention rates, since the idea is that students that come from AZ will become doctors that stay in AZ.