Jan 22 2011 PCAT results countdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterchemist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since this is my first and presumeably only time taking the PCAT, I am very interested to see how I scored. :cool:

I know it's only been a week, but it's always on my mind! This is driving me nuts!

I felt very prepared, but as a first time PCAT taker I am nervous to see the percentile score. To clear things up, my percentile is based on how every else did on the Jan 22 test? or is it based on a previous year PCAT average score?

Thanks! Post in this topic if you receive any updates!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm right there with ya! I read on here that about Week 4 you can start checking the PCAT website and personal score reports become available on there 1-2 weeks before mailout reports are received.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm right there with ya! I read on here that about Week 4 you can start checking the PCAT website and personal score reports become available on there 1-2 weeks before mailout reports are received.

From AN ANALYSIS past results release dateS. I can comfotably predict that, the scores will be available online on Feb. 23 2011 at 11:55PM.

Enjoy the wait....

From AN ANALYSIS past results release dateS. I can comfotably predict that, the scores will be available online on Feb. 23 2011 at 11:55PM.

Enjoy the wait....

I 2nd that! The oct one was released on 11/18 the week bf TG.

Enjoy the wait....

I do agree with you.The result will be out in 2 weeks!!!

you guys seem to have more experience with this than me... do you have to pay 20$ to see them online?

also, i figure that one of you guys will be able to clear this up:

i keep hearing that the composite is your percentile of how well you did overall compared to other test takers that day.

then i read other places that the composite percentile is actually related to how well a selected group did in 2007.

can someone clear this up for me?

also... I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.

Thanks! Please post when this is available(I'm sure someone will)

I wouldn't say nervous is the word, just anxious. I'm ready to figure out what I'm doing in the fall :)

Goodness, I want the scores already!!! I realize the essays may take long to grade, but how many readers do they really have? LOL

Waiting sucks. :eek:

Goodness, I want the scores already!!! I realize the essays may take long to grade, but how many readers do they really have? LOL

Waiting sucks. :eek:

I check this site everyday at least once. I can't help it. Just hopeful that someone has some insider information. 6 weeks is kind of ridiculous. There's only 3 tests per year!

Members don't see this ad :)

Enjoy the wait....

OK, I am chaning my prediction because the 23rd is a wednesday and Pearson like to relaease results on Thursday. I think, the score will be out on the 24th instead.

Well I certainly do not want to offer any false hope. Although, the scores for the October 16th PCAT were available online on November 16th. Therefore, we may have the January 22nd scores on February 22nd.

Well I certainly do not want to offer any false hope. Although, the scores for the October 16th PCAT were available online on November 16th. Therefore, we may have the January 22nd scores on February 22nd.

I think PharmCAS has those scores already but they would show up until the date Pearson asked them to. Otherwise, why do score show up on the same day Pearson releases the scores?

I think PharmCAS has those scores already but they would show up until the date Pearson asked them to. Otherwise, why do score show up on the same day Pearson releases the scores?
I was simply referring to the date that my Oct. 2010 scores were available through Pearson online. I have a receipt for Nov. 16th when I purchased my personal score report.

From what I understand, scores are released online four weeks from the following Tuesday after the test date. This should place the release on Tuesday night by around 11pm or shortly after. The reason for the delay last year had to do with weather complications at select testing centers.

as stated in the thread, if we're on schedule with the august PCAT we should have scores next week. It took just over 4 weeks for everyone to have their scores online.

it's already been so long, i guess i can wait a few more days :laugh:

but... still pretty anxious about my scores. thought i did well, don't know how they will compare to the mean.

So, to see if the results are up online. I just need to login and see if it has scores under the personal score report.

the only thing i'm concerned about is that this time last test round, people we're seeing their test as graded under 'request official transcript' and not pending. For me, my test is still in the Pending box which means it hasnt even been graded. If you look at the august test thread, people were seeing their test in the graded box before the scores were released online.

Can one of you check to see what box your test is in? login to PCAT, press "Request Official Transcript", there's 2 boxes, the graded box is on top the pending box is on bottom anybody see their test as graded yet? My last name starts with R, not sure if it's done alphabetically or not.

good luck everybody. :xf:

Do you think it would be foolish to wait up/check the site after midnight tomorrow night? I think I'll be up anyways, but if they COULD release them late on tuesday, might as well keep checking.

and yes you better believe I will be staying up tuesday night :eek:

there has not been 1 day that has gone by I havent thought about how I did on this test. It's also almost a qualifier as to whether or not I'm going to pharm school next semester(hopefully), as my transcript looks pretty good.

and yes you better believe I will be staying up tuesday night :eek:

there has not been 1 day that has gone by I havent thought about how I did on this test. It's also almost a qualifier as to whether or not I'm going to pharm school next semester(hopefully), as my transcript looks pretty good.

haha, you sound like me. if i get back competetive scores, the rest of my experience will fit in perfectly with pharm school. i felt very confident and i prepared for months, but it really just comes down to how everyone else did, and specifically... how the quantitative section turned out...

Also, my score is still under pending. do i have to send manual pcat transcripts for 20$ to each school? or is it automatically going to send them because i feel like i selected recipients of my scores a while ago.

Last edited:
My test is still pending as well and my last name begins with M, I dunno if that means anything or not but I know I'll be pretty upset if the scores aren't posted tomorrow night.

Also, my score is still under pending. do i have to send manual pcat transcripts for 20$ to each school? or is it automatically going to send them because i feel like i selected recipients of my scores a while ago.

if you selected your schools when you registered for your PCAT then you're all good. You can verify this by logging into your account on PCAT and looking on your account page. I only sent mine to PharmCAS so I'm not sure if they would have charged you for multiple recipients when you registered for the test. Maybe someone here has a similar experience with sending transcripts to more than one place and can elaborate. I am only applying to one school this semester and they only require us to send scores to PharmCAS.

If all of your recipients aren't listed on your account page I believe you will have to pay $20 per copy to have PCAT send extras.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I do not think we'll have scores tonight. As I stated earlier everyone was seeing their test as graded up to a week before the results were released online. mine is still pending this morning. i'll still be waiting up to see though! lol

Well... mine is still pending as well. The annoying part about this, is that I will be checking off and on now, this topic and the actual pcat website, until scores are up. i will update if my scores are put up OR if my test moves from pending to graded.

My last name begins with an E.

Not to give anyone false hope but my girlfriend said that for her nursing exam through pearson her transcript section said pending up until the test scores were released. Not sure if it has any relation to how the pcat is posted but this may reflect how pearson handles things.

When I choose the Personal Score Report link, it doesn't say "pending" like most peoples appear to state; mine says "No Test Score Exception"...I thought this might have just been a standard message screen, so I didn't think much about it. Does anyone else have the same screen message?

When I choose the Personal Score Report link, it doesn't say "pending" like most peoples appear to state; mine says "No Test Score Exception"...I thought this might have just been a standard message screen, so I didn't think much about it. Does anyone else have the same screen message?

the no test score exception is the bubble on the back of the test that you buble to not have your test graded isnt it?

Not to give anyone false hope but my girlfriend said that for her nursing exam through pearson her transcript section said pending up until the test scores were released. Not sure if it has any relation to how the pcat is posted but this may reflect how pearson handles things.

thanks for the heads up, a little more hope! :thumbup:

Broland...are you saying you have the same screen that comes up for you also??

I know I did not choose the no score option - I was very careful about that.

Good afternoon Everyone.

FutrePharmD - People that are talking about pending status are looking under the request transcripts "tab". You are looking in the Personal Score Report tab. What you are seeing in the Personal Score Report tab is normal if you have not previously written the PCAT.

I personally think people are wasting there time checking the Transcripts screen and the pending status of the current exam. This all seams to have started from a myth years ago.

Everyone else take a breathe and focus on other things until Midnight Eastern. I am a believer that the results will be available tonight or tomorrow night.

RR

thanks for the reply! In the sun on vaca, so will only be checking intermittently...have been good about staying away until now, and I just kind of freaked a little - so THANK YOU!!!

Gosh, hopefully I did well *fingers crossed*
Please post in this thread to let everybody else know if the results go up tonight :)

let me just be the first to say that if my scores are not up at 11:55 tonight i'm going to be highly disappointed due to all this hype....

do we even have any reason to believe that they are really going up tonight other then some offside speculation based on octobers time frame?

There are various reasons why tonight could be the night. It would correspond to the exact time frame from October and apparently very close to previous exam administrations.

I am certainly not saying tonight is the night but I would say there is a very good probability that it will be tonight or tomorrow night. But I am far from an expert on Pearson's internal operations.

That being said as long as they mail it by next Friday (not this coming one) then they are technically on schedule.

And based on previous comments and experience they are not available at 12 Eastern. But the website goes "under repairs" at 12 Eastern and then comes back up with active links later in the evening (30 minutes later in October). This is how it was last time and how others had said it was previously.