Jan. MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandulce321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering how much organic people had on the Jan. exam? I know in August we had maybe 1-2 passages. Also, was there as much Genetics as there was in August? Additionally, did they go back to more Chemistry, since August was predominately Physics 1. I am just curious to see if there are any trends, although now with a test every month I guess thats impossible to spot.
Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You know, it's only been a couple of weeks but I'm having trouble remembering. I remember one organic passage, I'm not sure if I had a second. I did have organic discretes, though.

I remember my test being pretty well balanced between physics and chemistry passages. What I remember of physics topics had more content from physics II than I.

Do you remember how many verbal passages there were?

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember one organic chemistry passage and a few discretes. I expected more and was a little disappointed not to see a better balance in the Biological Sciences section.

Verbal is standardized at 7 passages per test according to the AAMC: http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/mcatessentials.pdf

And for the number of Org passages, here is what Princeton Review writes about the January exam:

"The section was heavily weighted toward Biology; most test takers reported 5 or 6 Biology passages and only 1 or 2 Organic Chemistry passages. Freestanding questions were also weighted toward Biology at a ratio of about 2:1."

hope that helps

:cool:

exactly 9 orgo questions. i'm a loser, but i counted to make myself feel good for studying it least

remember not all bio passages are equal, they could throw in a lot of orgo in your exam. you never know what you're gonna get

I had a stupid question about skin (I think I'm allowed to say that right, if not, sry)...I was not happy.