• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

pandulce321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am wondering how much organic people had on the Jan. exam? I know in August we had maybe 1-2 passages. Also, was there as much Genetics as there was in August? Additionally, did they go back to more Chemistry, since August was predominately Physics 1. I am just curious to see if there are any trends, although now with a test every month I guess thats impossible to spot.
Thanks in advance!

Captain Fantastic

10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2005
Mizzou Med
Status (Visible)
You know, it's only been a couple of weeks but I'm having trouble remembering. I remember one organic passage, I'm not sure if I had a second. I did have organic discretes, though.

I remember my test being pretty well balanced between physics and chemistry passages. What I remember of physics topics had more content from physics II than I.

About the Ads

meds2008

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
Verbal is standardized at 7 passages per test according to the AAMC: http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/mcatessentials.pdf

And for the number of Org passages, here is what Princeton Review writes about the January exam:

"The section was heavily weighted toward Biology; most test takers reported 5 or 6 Biology passages and only 1 or 2 Organic Chemistry passages. Freestanding questions were also weighted toward Biology at a ratio of about 2:1."

hope that helps

:cool:

Funky

This space is for sale
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
remember not all bio passages are equal, they could throw in a lot of orgo in your exam. you never know what you're gonna get

akinf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2004
Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I had a stupid question about skin (I think I'm allowed to say that right, if not, sry)...I was not happy.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.