January Date Canceled. Taking April but no Practice FL's left

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MBA

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So like the title says, my January date got canceled (snow :eek:) and I exhausted all of my practice exams (GS, Kaplan, AAMC). What should I do now? What are the best ones to do other than those? Princeton, TBR? Also what do I do now that I have a few more months. I felt prepared for January but I don't want to fall off that peak. Really looking for some advice guys- thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

So like the title says, my January date got canceled (snow :eek:) and I exhausted all of my practice exams (GS, Kaplan, AAMC). What should I do now? What are the best ones to do other than those? Princeton, TBR? Also what do I do now that I have a few more months. I felt prepared for January but I don't want to fall off that peak. Really looking for some advice guys- thanks in advance.

Sorry to hear that. My roommate and a few of my friends also got screwed by the snow, luckily I got it in on the 29th before it snowed. Anyways, I used the EK one that came with the box set which I thought was pretty good. Dunno if EK has anymore though. Never used TPR or TBR so I can't vouch for the quality of those. Good luck!

Sorry to hear that. My roommate and a few of my friends also got screwed by the snow, luckily I got it in on the 29th before it snowed. Anyways, I used the EK one that came with the box set which I thought was pretty good. Dunno if EK has anymore though. Never used TPR or TBR so I can't vouch for the quality of those. Good luck!

Personally, I found EK FL (#1H?) exam to be full of errors.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

I was scheduled to take my MCAT in Memphis TN on Friday Jan, 29th 2010. I was on my way out the door to take my test, when the testing center called me at 7:05 am to tell me my test was cancelled because of the weather. I couldn't even believe the guy who called me. I drove to the testing center just to make sure it was not some sort of mistake or joke. You see, the weather was fine enough for me to drive in to make sure the testing center was closed. I was given a phone number to call to reschedule my test, which I called and I was transferred from one person to the next. The Thomson Prometric people and the AAMC people couldn't give me any consistent information! I tried to have my test rescheduled to the next day in another state and they refused to move my test to that day because they said I missed the registration deadline, which was not my effing fault, since I didn't know that my other test was going to be cancelled. You would think they would make some sort of exception for people they screwed out of their test. Moving my test to the end of March totally screws me for the registration deadline I need to get into school!!!!!!!! One lady I spoke with at AAMC told me that they have no make-up days or additional testing days for the MCAT. Well, guess what???? I read the 2010 MCAT policy very thoroughly, and there is a statement on (I believe it's somewhere between pages 14-16) that states that (read the policy for exact wording), due to the swine flu outbreak the CDC has recommended that candidates who have the swine flu not take their test on the day scheduled if they are sick, and there have been additional "SPECIAL TESTING DAYS" set up for these candidates. That statement right there tells me that means that AAMC is very capable of setting up additional testing days for people they FU*KED over. I don't mean just a "special" day for me. They should reschedule an earlier testing day than March 27th for people who got screwed because of the weather cancellation. I emailed AAMC about this and they sent me back a robotic, regurgitation of the policy according to weather. I don't want some copy/paste policy email from somebody who gets paid $7.00 an hour to respond about something this important. This is my future we are talking about here. I think that we need to get SEVERAL people to email them about this issue. So, I have emailed the Director and I am waiting on a response from her. Everyone else please email AAMC and the Director (Michelle Sparacino). Her email is [email protected] and her Fax # is 202-828-4799. The more people that complain, the more likely they are to do something about this.

CHUT10- That really sucks. I just called them and they rescheduled me with no problem (after holding for about 30 minutes). But that's certainly odd; I sent them an email on your behalf as well.

Crupen- My scores were actually 33-35 on the practice AAMC ones. I want to keep that up so have been looking for practice.

I'm not even looking for full exams. Any practice sections would help too. I found the ones in the EK books very helpful and if there are any like that out there, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would enlighten me.

Hey MBA,

Thanks for responding to my post, and thanks for sending AAMC a letter. When you say, "reschedule", do you mean that you also got rescheduled to the March 27th test date?

CHUT10- That really sucks. I just called them and they rescheduled me with no problem (after holding for about 30 minutes). But that's certainly odd; I sent them an email on your behalf as well.

Crupen- My scores were actually 33-35 on the practice AAMC ones. I want to keep that up so have been looking for practice.

I'm not even looking for full exams. Any practice sections would help too. I found the ones in the EK books very helpful and if there are any like that out there, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone would enlighten me.

Hey MBA, I am not in your situation; but, I see this as a way to improve on the score that you would've gotten! Think about those people who take the test, score a couple points lower than expected, then retake and get a much better score after a couple of months.

I recommend Berkeley Review (BR). I've been using it, and it is excellent. I am a non-trad, and BR was tough for me initially because they really don't write much for content review; they focus much more on practice questions, passages, and in-depth explanations. I had to use Kaplan to initially understand the definitions, but I strictly use BR now.

Here is a SDN post by someone who was in the same example as I mentioned in the 1st paragraph: (Scroll down to post #233 by "bozz")

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=503250&page=5

Hope this helps. Good luck