January pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted951073

Hello everyone! I just joined this forum and I was wondering if there is anyone taking the pcat in January 2019. I'm looking for advice on study materials, I have the Kaplan prep book and I also have dr Collins 2016, are these good enough to study for the pcat? I am applying for fall 2019, I don't have a bachelor's I only took my prereqs and my gpa is 3.88. I have a lot volunteer and experiences. Do you guys think I have a high chance of getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi @Jessica SY! Another great resource that you can take a look at is the Pearson website which contains official practice tests (Official PCAT Practice Test - Pharmacy College Admission Practice Test). These official practice tests provide a good gauge on how much you may need to focus on for each section of the PCAT.

There are several factors that will be considered in terms of being a competitive applicant including GPA, extracurriculars, volunteer experience, PCAT score, research, or work experience. It seems like you have a solid GPA and a well-rounded resume so far. Continue pursuing those interests and you should have a good chance in getting an interview in your prospective schools.

Best of luck!

I studied using only Dr. Collins 2016 and scored 86 percentile. The quantitative section of Dr. Collins isn't the best - I felt like that section on the PCAT was much harder (maybe I just needed more practice though). Other than that, the bio and chem section were more than enough. I did terrible in the reading section (scored 40 percentile), but I think it's just from my lack of interest in the passages, haha. I studied by treating each test as a real exam. Once completed, I would go through the answers and see what questions I got wrong. Then I would go back to those topics to refresh my memory. Your GPA looks great and volunteer + experience is a plus! As long as you're being diligent about studying for the PCAT, I'm sure you'll get a good grade! I only spent a month reviewing for the PCAT.

I studied using only Dr. Collins 2016 and scored 86 percentile. The quantitative section of Dr. Collins isn't the best - I felt like that section on the PCAT was much harder (maybe I just needed more practice though). Other than that, the bio and chem section were more than enough. I did terrible in the reading section (scored 40 percentile), but I think it's just from my lack of interest in the passages, haha. I studied by treating each test as a real exam. Once completed, I would go through the answers and see what questions I got wrong. Then I would go back to those topics to refresh my memory. Your GPA looks great and volunteer + experience is a plus! As long as you're being diligent about studying for the PCAT, I'm sure you'll get a good grade! I only spent a month reviewing for the PCAT.
Thank you so much :D you have no idea how relieved I am right now ^_^