January pcat

Started by deleted951073
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted951073

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I just joined this forum and I was wondering if there is anyone taking the pcat in January 2019. I'm looking for advice on study materials, I have the Kaplan prep book and I also have dr Collins 2016, are these good enough to study for the pcat? I am applying for fall 2019, I don't have a bachelor's I only took my prereqs and my gpa is 3.88. I have a lot volunteer and experiences. Do you guys think I have a high chance of getting accepted?
 
Hi @Jessica SY! Another great resource that you can take a look at is the Pearson website which contains official practice tests (Official PCAT Practice Test - Pharmacy College Admission Practice Test). These official practice tests provide a good gauge on how much you may need to focus on for each section of the PCAT.

There are several factors that will be considered in terms of being a competitive applicant including GPA, extracurriculars, volunteer experience, PCAT score, research, or work experience. It seems like you have a solid GPA and a well-rounded resume so far. Continue pursuing those interests and you should have a good chance in getting an interview in your prospective schools.

Best of luck!
 
I studied using only Dr. Collins 2016 and scored 86 percentile. The quantitative section of Dr. Collins isn't the best - I felt like that section on the PCAT was much harder (maybe I just needed more practice though). Other than that, the bio and chem section were more than enough. I did terrible in the reading section (scored 40 percentile), but I think it's just from my lack of interest in the passages, haha. I studied by treating each test as a real exam. Once completed, I would go through the answers and see what questions I got wrong. Then I would go back to those topics to refresh my memory. Your GPA looks great and volunteer + experience is a plus! As long as you're being diligent about studying for the PCAT, I'm sure you'll get a good grade! I only spent a month reviewing for the PCAT.
 
I studied using only Dr. Collins 2016 and scored 86 percentile. The quantitative section of Dr. Collins isn't the best - I felt like that section on the PCAT was much harder (maybe I just needed more practice though). Other than that, the bio and chem section were more than enough. I did terrible in the reading section (scored 40 percentile), but I think it's just from my lack of interest in the passages, haha. I studied by treating each test as a real exam. Once completed, I would go through the answers and see what questions I got wrong. Then I would go back to those topics to refresh my memory. Your GPA looks great and volunteer + experience is a plus! As long as you're being diligent about studying for the PCAT, I'm sure you'll get a good grade! I only spent a month reviewing for the PCAT.
Thank you so much 😀 you have no idea how relieved I am right now ^_^