Jeff MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulERdoc251

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering if there's any information about Jeff's MPH or if any current students can chime in? I've looked online and haven't been able to find much about what students think of the program (have been seeing things on SDN that it's a phenomenal program). Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A quick glance at the Jefferson MPH site tells me it's

(1) designed primarily for people who are probably going to have careers in healthcare but outside public health (MD, DDS, NP, etc.)
(2) people who are already working in public health and want a cheap, quick way to get a degree that advances their career

It's CEPH accredited and looks like a decent option if you fall into one of the above categories. However, it does not look academically rigorous, so I wouldn't recommend it if your primary career goal is in public health. For example, there's no mention of specialty tracks or departments (epi, health behavior, etc.), no thesis component, and no biostatistics requirement (not sure how they're getting away with this while remaining CEPH accredited). If you are in Philly and are interested in an MPH as a terminal degree or stepping stone to a PhD or DrPH, I'd recommend looking at Drexel and Temple.

[Apologies if "Jeff" refers to something else. I had to Google what you were talking about as I've never heard of this university as someone in public health who has little contact with the medical world.]

A quick glance at the Jefferson MPH site tells me it's

(1) designed primarily for people who are probably going to have careers in healthcare but outside public health (MD, DDS, NP, etc.)
(2) people who are already working in public health and want a cheap, quick way to get a degree that advances their career

It's CEPH accredited and looks like a decent option if you fall into one of the above categories. However, it does not look academically rigorous, so I wouldn't recommend it if your primary career goal is in public health. For example, there's no mention of specialty tracks or departments (epi, health behavior, etc.), no thesis component, and no biostatistics requirement (not sure how they're getting away with this while remaining CEPH accredited). If you are in Philly and are interested in an MPH as a terminal degree or stepping stone to a PhD or DrPH, I'd recommend looking at Drexel and Temple.

[Apologies if "Jeff" refers to something else. I had to Google what you were talking about as I've never heard of this university as someone in public health who has little contact with the medical world.]

Thanks! Yeah it would be as an adjunct bc i'm getting my MD atm. This is good to know.

Was also wondering stuff regarding how classes are/recorded lectures etc.