jefferson university pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've contacted them and the only info they gave was the application is still being "reviewed."

Members don't see this ad.

omg...i interviewed on the 27th and i just received an acceptance e-mail from ms. astle!!! im soo excited =D

omg...i interviewed on the 27th and i just received an acceptance e-mail from ms. astle!!! im soo excited =D

That was a quick response... I interviewed on the 29th so if i am accepted.. i will prob hear from the school shortly... if not i guess i am on the waitlist...

Members don't see this ad :)
ii just got accepted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yyeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am more than really happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i cant sit still.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i feelll like posting a million posts and filling this whole forum with this news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......oh my godness!!!!!!! ok let me relax and calm down before i have a hreatattackj and i cant even attend jefferson.....heehehee

i feelll like posting a million posts and filling this whole forum with this news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......oh my godness!!!!!!! ok let me relax and calm down before i have a hreatattackj and i cant even attend jefferson.....heehehee

Congrats! did you have the interview on friday the 29th? I had interview that day and i was also accepted. just trying to find out if i met you at the interview...

ii just got accepted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yyeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i am more than really happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i cant sit still.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats think!:)

Congrats!

Can anyone give me advice on finding out the differences between the various Pharmacy schools? I'm afraid Jefferson will ask why them and not PCP or Temple or something like that locally... Thanks in advance.

Congrats!

Can anyone give me advice on finding out the differences between the various Pharmacy schools? I'm afraid Jefferson will ask why them and not PCP or Temple or something like that locally... Thanks in advance.

They didn't ask you to compare with other local schools or to tell them whether you applied to other pharmacy school. They just want to know why you chose them..

I just had my interview today. I hope I hear back soon.

Just wanted to say how cute that little animal is... You probably get that all the time...

Anyways, yeah, I hope to stay in Philadelphia, but researching between these schools is tough because from their websites, it's virtually the same... How should I go about differentiating them and why I want to go there?

They didn't ask you to compare with other local schools or to tell them whether you applied to other pharmacy school. They just want to know why you chose them..

I don't think you should worry about them asking that - it never came up during my interview... nor did I applied to those two schools; for me, temple is too dangerous and PCP barely accepts any students so I didn't even bother.

Members don't see this ad :)
yep dont worry abt them asking abt other schools... and to be honest they didnt even ask me y i chose their school( even though u shud prepare for this q)

so try to prepare for the q why pharmacy, definatly look over ur application and ur extracriular activites..if u have something realting pharamcy they will defentaly ask u abt that...and try to show them that u have done ur research on their school...in your answers bring back something u read on their website...thats wht i did...i said alot of things that i learned from their website ...and i can tell they were kinda happy that i did the search...it also shows them u really wanna go to their pharmacy school...:)
good luck
..oh some one asked abt my interview date... it was not on the 29th

is my signature showing??

haha, format your sig...that looks blazingly ugly.

Hey guys .. I was accepted and they said i still need to take physio class. I have taken Anatomy in my undergrad and an A&P at a CC which worked for Western U. anyone in the same shoes? i will need to take a lecture and lab during summer which i planned to relax and maybe travel... or i can just go to CNCP....

I think you need to take both Anatomy and Physiology. For example, at my college, they offer Anatomy and Physiology I & II. So I have taken both courses. In your condition, I think you have to take the Physiology course that accompanies the Anatomy course. If your have any questions, you can always call or e-mail Mrs. Astle. I think she would be more than happy to clarify things out for you.

haha, format your sig...that looks blazingly ugly.

thanx..lol urs does look wayyyy better than mine...but whocares...lol at least i wrote something there..thats all:laugh:

Thank you for helping me out. I'm having interview and getting a little nervous, but probably more nervous since I have 3 more pre-requisites to finish before Sept 2008... If you goto JSP and I go to Temple, we can form one big Pharmacy network of non-accredit & accredit school on facebook or something.

yep dont worry abt them asking abt other schools... and to be honest they didnt even ask me y i chose their school( even though u shud prepare for this q)

so try to prepare for the q why pharmacy, definatly look over ur application and ur extracriular activites..if u have something realting pharamcy they will defentaly ask u abt that...and try to show them that u have done ur research on their school...in your answers bring back something u read on their website...thats wht i did...i said alot of things that i learned from their website ...and i can tell they were kinda happy that i did the search...it also shows them u really wanna go to their pharmacy school...:)
good luck
..oh some one asked abt my interview date... it was not on the 29th

does anyone know what the latest interview date is?

Has anyone heard back from Jefferson lately? I interviewed during the first week of March with no word.

Has anyone heard back from Jefferson lately? I interviewed during the first week of March with no word.

I interviewed on Friday, March 7 and got accepted 3 days after. But i'm not going to TJ

dang it's taking them this long to fill 75 spots? interesting

well it's a new school and people may be reluctant to attend. there will probably be a lot of movement when people get into their top choice. i was planning on attending but i just got accepted into UT-memphis on friday and well 13,000/yr sounds a lot better than 26,000/yr. but i'm still debating. wouldn't mind moving out of tennessee for once.

I interviewed on the 5th and stil haven't heard anything back. I am going to call about it tomorrow.

well it's a new school and people may be reluctant to attend. there will probably be a lot of movement when people get into their top choice. i was planning on attending but i just got accepted into UT-memphis on friday and well 13,000/yr sounds a lot better than 26,000/yr. but i'm still debating. wouldn't mind moving out of tennessee for once.

haha...my friend moved to memphis, she hates it out there!

do you guys think they will many more application next year since a lot more people know about it or just the same because it is a new school?

haha...my friend moved to memphis, she hates it out there!

i love my hometown and besides i can still freeload off the parents if i wanted to. but a lot of people who move to memphis don't like it and that's their problem, i didn't like nashville nor johnson city and i hate the western states especially california so whatever, but philadelphia is really cool!!! :)

do you guys think they will many more application next year since a lot more people know about it or just the same because it is a new school?

If the Fall 07 schools were any indication, applications should EXPLODE next year. UH Hilo went from several hundred to 1000+ from inaugural year to 2nd year of operations.

So yeah...for those with subpar credentials/GPA (raises hand), this was the one and only year to get in.

Waryman, I interviewed on March 5th too and still haven't heard. You find anything out? How long did it take them to respond to anyone who has already heard?

Greetings everyone,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I have a bit of a dilemma, hopefully you can help me decide :confused:. I got into Jefferson early this month, and was pretty much set on going, but just Thursday night I got into Maryland, one of my top choices. On the one hand, Jefferson is a new program, which I have little doubt it will get candidate status by the time the third class starts. But that still is a bit of a concern for me. The idea of being the first class and probably having a significant influence on the shape and scope of the curriculum is very appealing, it would be great not to need a car to get to classes, plus nearly everyone I have talked to loves Philly.

On the other hand, Maryland is one of the top programs around, and I was really surprised that I got in. I was thinking of going to the satellite campus, which just started last year, so the building is recently new, there will be a smaller class size than in Baltimore, and its really close to DC, which I like a lot. But it is in Rockville and I will need a car. And since a lot if not all of the classes there are online, that will allow more time to have at least a part-time job, and give me a chance to get residency. Residency would cut my tuition in half, but not easy to get :mad:. Plus I am really looking seriously at doing a PharmD/PhD, and Maryland is known for being big on research. I tried emailing Mrs. Finley about what possible options for research may be available, but no reply yet, maybe because she is busy trying to get things set up for the fall. Maybe I can ask Mrs. Jacobs Astle.

Sorry for the long post, but this has really been eating at me for the past couple of days :eek:. Help!

Greetings everyone,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I have a bit of a dilemma, hopefully you can help me decide :confused:. I got into Jefferson early this month, and was pretty much set on going, but just Thursday night I got into Maryland, one of my top choices. On the one hand, Jefferson is a new program, which I have little doubt it will get candidate status by the time the third class starts. But that still is a bit of a concern for me. The idea of being the first class and probably having a significant influence on the shape and scope of the curriculum is very appealing, it would be great not to need a car to get to classes, plus nearly everyone I have talked to loves Philly.

On the other hand, Maryland is one of the top programs around, and I was really surprised that I got in. I was thinking of going to the satellite campus, which just started last year, so the building is recently new, there will be a smaller class size than in Baltimore, and its really close to DC, which I like a lot. But it is in Rockville and I will need a car. And since a lot if not all of the classes there are online, that will allow more time to have at least a part-time job, and give me a chance to get residency. Residency would cut my tuition in half, but not easy to get :mad:. Plus I am really looking seriously at doing a PharmD/PhD, and Maryland is known for being big on research. I tried emailing Mrs. Finley about what possible options for research may be available, but no reply yet, maybe because she is busy trying to get things set up for the fall. Maybe I can ask Mrs. Jacobs Astle.

Sorry for the long post, but this has really been eating at me for the past couple of days :eek:. Help!

Congratulations on both schools! I don't know if you've taken classes online for a gratuate/professional program, but it is not easy though convenient. Lets say you decide on Maryland and their satellite campus..I think you need to keep in mind that it is challenging to remain disciplined in any online class. For me, I've done a program that is mostly online and it is hard to stay focused. As a student, I felt a disconnect from the class. I can only assume that pharmacy school will be very challenging and online courses will only make it more difficult. Because you mentioned getting a partime-job/residency since the program is majority online, I think that would make your life even tougher.On the other hand, I don't think Jefferson offers much research yet (if any). Their mission is on interdisciplinary health and strenghtening their pharmacy program right now. Because their pharmacy program is new, I don't anticipate them working on other areas such as research yet. But don't get me wrong, they have more than enough resources to do research when the time comes. If you're primarily interested in research and the pharmd/phd degrees, then I think you should consider Maryland -but probably the main campus where the curriculum is traditional - because it will offer you what you need. I asked Dr. Finley if there's potential for joint programs at TJU, and she told me that they would have to wait until the pharm school gets accredited first. After accreditation is received, they can then consider other programs and apply for accreditation on the joint program. So, I don't think TJU would have a joint pharmd/phd program any time soon.I don't think you should really include driving/having a car in your decision. That's such an insignificant factor because it doesn't directly pertain to your education. I'm facing a pretty tough decision as well. Not sure if I should go to TJU (even though I REALLY like the school when I interviewed) or stay in my home state and attend a not so great school. Hope I was able to give you some insight. Goodluck in making your final decision!!

Thanks PharmDee2Bee! I have taken several classes online, and have been reasonably responsible with keeping up with the material ;). From the Maryland thread, it seems several students get together and watch the lectures, and since the class size there is small (40 students), they said they probably interact more with each other as a whole than the students at the main campus do.

I am glad you asked Dr. Finley about joint programs, that definitely changes things .... I asked about that during my interview, and Mrs. Jacobs Astle and my other interviewer (forgot her name) said that it was something they would look into, and something that I could maybe help start at TJU .... But I think that Dr. Finley would have more inside knowledge than they would.

Lots to ponder, and I am tired from work. Thanks so much again, and best of luck on making your decision!

Does anyone know how many more seats are available/letters to be mailed out/interviews coming up?

Greetings everyone,

Hey there. If this is who I think this is... then we might have already touched basis on this subject. I, just like you, was accepted into both programs. As attractive has the ranking and the research opportunities that are offered at Univ. of Maryland, I didn't feel much of a connection with the staff or the campus as a whole.

It is definitely a hard decision to make... choosing between an established institution, and being the first class in a new program. Just weigh out all of the pros and cons for yourself and see where you really stand. As for me, I fell in love with TJU when I was there. It's rare that you ever get such a connection to a campus.

As attractive as the independent studies program was for me.. I know that it will be a lot easier for me to fall behind. (But that's just me.) Since the deadline for me to put in a deposit for the school was Friday, there is now one more available seat there at the campus for someone who really wants to be there.

As for me, I am looking forward to starting school at TJU in September.

I just got the offer from Jefferson! Interviewed on March 5th.

I just got the offer from Jefferson! Interviewed on March 5th.

Did you interview with the first or the second group? I also interviewed on March 5th but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I called today and they said that I would receive a decision after March 31. I have a bad feeling as I see that one person got accepted within three days- 2 days after my interview. There weren't that many spots left for the class and I think that after 3 weeks I should have heard something already.

Hi everyone, i'm still waiting for an interview offer from tju. i only took the pcat in january. Does anyone think i have a chance since we're already at the end of march?

Did you interview with the first or the second group? I also interviewed on March 5th but I haven't heard anything from them yet. I called today and they said that I would receive a decision after March 31. I have a bad feeling as I see that one person got accepted within three days- 2 days after my interview. There weren't that many spots left for the class and I think that after 3 weeks I should have heard something already.

Not everybody get their acceptance at the same time. It took one school almost 2 months to notify me that I was accepted while everyone else who interviewed after me was getting notified the day after their interview (sometimes the same day). You just have to be patience, as hard as that may be.

I will be giving up my seat in this class so that's one more spot for you guys that are waiting.

I had my interview in the morning. My friend got the acceptance letter 4 days after his interview and I got it 2 weeks after.

I'm in love with their campus though, so much better than the crap at LIU. I wouldn't mind going there for Pharmacy, there is a strong chance of me getting killed over there on account of being a New York Mets fan.

Me and my cousin were tunnel blasting (going through tunnels at 100+ mph) on the way to my interview.

I'm in love with their campus though, so much better than the crap at LIU. I wouldn't mind going there for Pharmacy, there is a strong chance of me getting killed over there on account of being a New York Mets fan.

Me and my cousin were tunnel blasting (going through tunnels at 100+ mph) on the way to my interview.

I think there's a higher chance of you getting killed by tunnel blasting than by being a Mets fan. lol :laugh:

Hope the interview went well. Jefferson is really an awesome school.

Good thing I won't get jumped for my San Diego Padres jersey. haha, or rather, i hope not.

Not everybody get their acceptance at the same time. It took one school almost 2 months to notify me that I was accepted while everyone else who interviewed after me was getting notified the day after their interview (sometimes the same day). You just have to be patience, as hard as that may be.

I will be giving up my seat in this class so that's one more spot for you guys that are waiting.

The thing with your statement is that it would seem that the school is holding back on me waiting to see if they can interview some "better" candidates. If people get accepted on the same day or a few days after they can rest assured that they had an awesome transcript and their interview went very well. I believe that my interview went very well and my transcript is very good also (3.1 currently but 3.6 after this semester). I am feeling disenchanted at the moment but still have a glimmer of hope as I still have not heard back three other pharmacy schools (but have not yet had an interview either, although some still have seats left).

Hi waryman. I know how you are feeling since I just interviewed with Temple last week. I check my email everyday praying that I get in... Gosh, I busted my *** getting good grades and pcat and interview, but still have to sweat it out... =(

The thing with your statement is that it would seem that the school is holding back on me waiting to see if they can interview some "better" candidates. If people get accepted on the same day or a few days after they can rest assured that they had an awesome transcript and their interview went very well. I believe that my interview went very well and my transcript is very good also (3.1 currently but 3.6 after this semester). I am feeling disenchanted at the moment but still have a glimmer of hope as I still have not heard back three other pharmacy schools (but have not yet had an interview either, although some still have seats left).

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else was going to be interviewing on Thursday April 3rd.

Any news or updates of applicants still waiting to hear back from JSP. I called and they said it might be til the end of April until people hear!!