Job dilemma !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beddoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently doing peds anesthesia fellowship...confused between just doing peds or adults + peds after fellowship. Appreciate any valuable inputs !

Secondly, looking for a job in east coast. anyone have idea about good recruiting agency ?

Members don't see this ad.

Currently doing peds anesthesia fellowship...confused between just doing peds or adults + peds after fellowship. Appreciate any valuable inputs !

Secondly, looking for a job in east coast. anyone have idea about good recruiting agency ?

I recommend peds.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Are you not going to miss those adults cases in future ?

Secondly, where ever I work I would like to be valuable for the group or hospital. As I observed in most of the pediatric anesthesia departments in the academics, significant number of people have done general pediatrics before moving into anesthesia. So, they will be more valuable to the department than me. But If I work in adult + peds place I can bring more skills by doing pediatric cases especially in the competitive job environment these days. What do you think about that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. Are you not going to miss those adults cases in future ?

Secondly, where ever I work I would like to be valuable for the group or hospital. As I observed in most of the pediatric anesthesia departments in the academics, significant number of people have done general pediatrics before moving into anesthesia. So, they will be more valuable to the department than me. But If I work in adult + peds place I can bring more skills by doing pediatric cases especially in the competitive job environment these days. What do you think about that?

I've been doing peds only for years now. I've never looked back and don't miss adults at all.
Not having a peds residency shouldn't hold you back at all. If you're clinically very strong and have some leadership potential you will be asked to step up and champion initiatives, sit on committees, manage subspecialty groups, etc. Be careful what you wish for...