Job ideas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MEG@COOL

M0DE 01
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I graduated in december and am currently a substitute teacher, but I'd like to make more money as it only pays like $70 a day. Also I will hopefully be starting med school in the fall so that might limit my choices. Anyone in a similar situation have any ideas for jobs that I should look into?

Members don't see this ad.

try bartending

Try working for an educational consulting company. Especially with your degree you should not have a problem being able to tutor in your major. Good ones usually pays in the $15-20/hour range. It's an ideal job because you can make your own hours. If that doesn't work out one thing that works for me is to call up all my mentors. Throughout college, they have saved my a** countless times when I needed a job with their great connections. :laugh: Sometimes it isn't what you know but who you know. Good luck.:thumbup:

I second bartending.

Since you're already accepted to medschool you don't have to do anything to impress them. If you just want raw dollars, bartending is where its at.