Job options after MPH or PhD

Started by JAH2022
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JAH2022

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure if this is the right forum, but hopefully someone can give some advice.
I am a non-us international medical graduate. With not so stellar usmle scores, i didnt match when i applied in the last match. I plan to apply again this september with my step 3 grade, more research and us clinical experience.

If that doesn't work out I am trying to figure out medical job options in the us. I am engaged to a us citizen so that's why i want to find a way to get a job in the medical field in the US if the match doesnt work out.

If i do a mph what are the job options open to me after graduating since i am a non-us img? Should i do a phd instead? I really want to remain in the medical field.
 
Do an MPH, rather than a PhD. With an MD, MPH - even without residency - you could work in variety of nonclinical roles such as pharmaceutical R&D or medical affairs, or in a department of public health. You could also teach / be a professor; often any doctoral level degree is sufficient for this, so might as well go to the faster route of getting an MPH.
thanks for the advice!! I really appreciate it