Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I said, "maybe" and "probably" many, many times above. I have said over and over again that if I was in charge, I would most likely let them off. The OP did not say son, daughter, mom, or dad. Why you read it as such, I don't know. It could be any, or it could be second cousin, or great-great aunt.A close relative could also be a cousin, nephew, grandfather, niece, etc. I read OP's message saying family member as being a sibling or parent.
You also said "maybe" he should get a day off.
But hey, if you're going to be anal with someone, with no impact on patient care at all, in this kind of situation for the sake of "professionalism", I bet you must be really fun to be around. But that's just my opinion. Agree to disagree.
But hey, if you're going to try and misquote somebody, who has all their messages above, in this kind of situation for the sake of "proving some point," I bet you must be really fun to be around. But that's just my opinion. Agree to disagree.
No one here is saying one shouldn't pull their weight. We're saying that taking a day off for a family emergency/unexpected event (as long as you notify your staff and make arrangements to return the favor) =\= not pulling your weight.