job placement

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luckyfool

SUNY Opt
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any optometry schools offer job placement services upon graduation? Just curious. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Do any optometry schools offer job placement services upon graduation? Just curious. :confused:

most do. the service is generally via an outsourced group. most of the placement, at least when i was in OD school, was headed by a group of individuals that came out, bought pizza, and spoke of many thousands of dollars for those who would sign on the line. i cant remember what organization they were from, but i do remember them wearing blue vests with smiley faces on them...

most do. the service is generally via an outsourced group. most of the placement, at least when i was in OD school, was headed by a group of individuals that came out, bought pizza, and spoke of many thousands of dollars for those who would sign on the line. i cant remember what organization they were from, but i do remember them wearing blue vests with smiley faces on them...

Scary :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)

can someone say wally world:laugh: :laugh: too good, too funny:laugh:

You will hear talk of such things when you apply and early on in your education, but as you get towards graduation you come to realize that the "job placement" service is nothing more than a bulletin board with help wanted ads in the admin building. However, as Greg mentioned, there are more than one opportunity during your schooling for you to sit and listen to WalMArt/Lenscrafters/Pearle Vision lie to you about great post graduation opportunities.

Posner