jobs for MD with no license?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetsaja

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What kinds of jobs are available for someone with an MD or international MBBS degree who has not taken steps yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Same jobs as anyone else with any other generic college degree...

A medical license and clinical experience get you M.D. specific jobs, not the degree.

new4_good-793274.gif

You can always invent an artificial heart or something (a la Dr. Jarvik, who has no medical license).

Yeah. There was a small fuss a few years ago when he did a commercial endorsing a drug and people cried foul because he's not even allowed to prescribe medicine.

Here's his wiki link too, last sentence of his bio states what I said earlier:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Jarvik

Yep you're right... Jarvik never completed residency and has never been licensed as a physician. The lipitor debacle was just last year though.

What kinds of jobs are available for someone with an MD or international MBBS degree who has not taken steps yet?

you mean you cannot practice medicine??? Nurses can do it with their nursing degree!! why can you do it with your medical degree???

sorry about the sarcasm.

not much. i talked to a woman who was a doctor in china, but she's doing housecleaning for people here in the US. without a license you've got nothing in my experience. on the other hand, you could probably be a doctor (or do a residency) in the country that gave you your degree....

You can work as a postdoc in a research lab doing research of your interest. As long as you are scientifically strong and have good communication skills.

here's a business to join: (on the side, because it takes time to generate income)....

Xowii.com
they are involved in energy drinks with the antioxidant-rich (the richest so far) konared coffee fruit, which is very new....newer than acai.

If you want to join, click 'enroll' and 'independent distributor'

type in distributor number XXXXX

you basically buy $150 of energy drinks per month and keep adding more people. Eventually you break even and once more people are added you start making an income. You don't have to sell the drinks, you can just use them for yourself (or you can sell them if you wish--whatever you like). You just mainly need to add more distributors below you.

There are a few doctors that joined above me. One of them is grossing $500/week so far.

lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a business to join: (on the side, because it takes time to generate income)....

xowii.com
They are involved in energy drinks with the antioxidant-rich (the richest so far) KonaRed coffee fruit, which is very new....newer than acai.

if you want to join, click 'enroll' and 'independent distributor'

Type in distributor number XXXXX

you basically buy $150 of energy drinks per month and keep adding more people. Eventually you break even and once more people are added you start making an income. You don't have to sell the drinks, you can just use them for yourself (or you can sell them if you wish--whatever you like). you just mainly need to add more distributors below you.

there are a few doctors that joined above me. one of them is grossing $500/week so far.

Isn't that a pyramid scheme/scam?

Last edited:
Isn't that a pyramid scheme/scam?

Looks to be a classic MLM. Those that get in early do well. Those at the bottom of the pyramid get screwed.

TurquioseBlue -- if you're trying to build cred here at SDN, this is not helping.

Yes/Agree to both.

All pyramids eventually collapse, though. Growth is unsustainable (factors of 5 or 10? required)

Question - What if I HAVE a license, but not completed residency. VA Emergency Room? Urgent Care? Any suggestions?

First, I think it's important to clarify whether we're talking about jobs or careers. After all, you can get many different types of jobs, but if you're considering a career, then the road can be quite different.

There are many jobs out there in various industries such as: medical communications, medical writing, research, pharma marketing, MSL, contract research, consulting, VC, investment banking, etc.

The best way to explore your options is to speak with individuals who are currently working in these fields.

I just want to moonlight and make some extra money. Not looking to do insurance physicals for a living, but some extra cash wouldn't hurt.

dwight.jpg

Jim Halpert: [dressed as Dwight Schrute] Question: What kind of bear is best?
Dwight Schrute: That's a ridiculous question.
Jim Halpert: False. Black bear.
Dwight Schrute: That's debatable. There are basically two schools of thought...
Jim Halpert: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
Dwight Schrute: Bears do not...what is going on? What are you doing?

identity theft is not a joke. jim! millions of families suffer every year!

:laugh:

Okay, now back to the thread.