• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Joining Air Force CCATT team without CCM fellowship

seebelcherrun

10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2008
Kentucky
  1. Resident [Any Field]
fairly certain that's a no. typically have to be critical care (pulm or surgery), anesthesia, EM or occasionally flight med AFSCs for ccatt. But there have been circumstances (such as during the surge a few years back) when there were GI, cards, etc that were tasked with it. Everyone has to validate through the cstars pipeline either way.

per the AFTTP, The AFSCs allowed: 0044Y3, 044Y3A, 044M3 all shreds, 044E3A, 045A3, 045S3, 045S3A, 044F3, 048R3.

Reactions: 1 user

AlMedNY23

5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2015
  1. Medical Student
fairly certain that's a no. typically have to be critical care (pulm or surgery), anesthesia, EM or occasionally flight med AFSCs for ccatt. But there have been circumstances (such as during the surge a few years back) when there were GI, cards, etc that were tasked with it. Everyone has to validate through the cstars pipeline either way.

per the AFTTP, The AFSCs allowed: 0044Y3, 044Y3A, 044M3 all shreds, 044E3A, 045A3, 045S3, 045S3A, 044F3, 048R3.

Thank you for the information!

About the Ads
Jul 11, 2019
  1. Attending Physician
I am an IM attending and I am attending CCATT initial this year. I do plan on applying for CCM fellowship this year though, if that counts. I do have critical care-ish credentials at my facility (basic vent management, procedures) so maybe thats why this is allowed? Idk

BIGphysician

"Sometimes you gotta run before you walk"
7+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
www.asahq.org
  1. Attending Physician

I’m a civilian board certified anesthesiologist. Any idea if I’d have to do a critical care fellowship for this? Usually the anesthesia specific fellowships for critical care are just an additional year. I just got back from volunteering in nyc at the peak of the pandemic and they had me doing ICU over there, not sure if that’s any indicator? Really loved the experience and would like to get involved in this type of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seebelcherrun

10+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2008
Kentucky
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I’m a civilian board certified anesthesiologist. Any idea if I’d have to do a critical care fellowship for this? Usually the anesthesia specific fellowships for critical care are just an additional year. I just got back from volunteering in nyc at the peak of the pandemic and they had me doing ICU over there, not sure if that’s any indicator? Really loved the experience and would like to get involved in this type of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you should not have to do a fellowship. Just go through the ccatt training pipeline.

There are cardiologists, gi docs, heme/onc i think, and other specialties that are ccatt and theyd all have to be validated via the cstars pipeline. But in general, it's EM, anesthesia, CCM, and occasionally surgery.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.