Mcfactor

2+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Plan is to either take the mcat june 2 and get my scores july 6 or take the mcat may 20 and scores june 21. I will submit my primary right when it opens in june. I would love that extra 12 days to study but not if it will hurt my chances. Let me know what you think, thanks

Dr. Trenb

2+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
If you need those 12 days, then take it in June. If I'm not mistaken, you can submit your application June 2nd and the verification process takes 6 weeks or so, according to AAMC. Therefore, I don't think it would make a big difference.

fallingclouds

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
As @Dr. Trenb mentioned, I don't think it matters too much since once you do submit your AMCAS application, the verification process on its own takes a couple of weeks and the secondaries don't start rolling in until the beginning of July. And that would still be early in the app cycle. So I guess do whatever you would be most comfortable with! :)

Apr 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
@mcatjelly Is one able to set up their AMCAS, get it verified, and then just wait for their MCAT scores to come in? I spoke to one of my professors who is a little more familiar with applying and she said you could do that.

mcatjelly

Meow
5+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2013
Status
Medical Student
@mcatjelly Is one able to set up their AMCAS, get it verified, and then just wait for their MCAT scores to come in? I spoke to one of my professors who is a little more familiar with applying and she said you could do that.
Yup, definitely! The only issue is that some schools don't send out secondaries until your MCAT score is in, and you're still applying blind without an MCAT score. But as long as you're complete by the end of September you're still in a good place timeline-wise.

Reactions: Medgrant