junior in college needing some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mushro0mgoddess

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I'm currently a junior at UCLA and I want to apply to dent school this coming June so that I could start dental school right after I graduate (if i get in) but I was wondering when I should take the DAT. Some people were telling me that I should take it at least once before I apply (around Spring) and other people told me to just submit my application and wait to take the test in the summer so then I wouldn't have to study for it during the school year. What do you guys think?

Also, if I don't finish my requirements for dent school by the time I apply, but will finish it by the time I graduate, is that okay?

Thanks everyone and good luck!! 😛
 
As long as you finish all your classes before you matriculate into dental school you will be fine.

It takes approximately 6 weeks for your AADSAS application to be processed and 3 weeks for them to arrive at schools. It takes 2 weeks for DAT scores to arrive at schools once you take the exam. Ideally, you want to time it, so that your schools get your application and DAT at the same time. That way, they waste no time in waiting for your stuff to come in and they can review your application right away. Of course you can always take the exam anytime before the application is sent out.