1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Just beat up a CARS Section Test - Kaplan

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Ad2b, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Ad2b

Ad2b SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    :clap:

Thank God. I finally got above 126 on a section. There IS hope!!

2. doctorleospaceman

doctorleospaceman Medical Student
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
  3. Ad2b

Ad2b SDN Gold Donor

Pre-Medical
    According to the compilation of Kaplan scores v real thing, and IF I could do that on all sections; I'm likely 517+ (someone with a 126 Kaplan got 132 on real thing)

BIG IF!

4. EEtoPre-Med

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Haha I have been between 128 and 129 on Kaplan, but that is my best section. Hope it balances the other sections out!

5. Dreamstoo

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    A classmate in TPR got a 10 on VR for the old test and got a 122 CARS on the first FL. In the beginning, I struggled a bit but averaged a 125-126 over the two AAMC FLs and the 3 TPR FLs. Some of those TPR CARs passages in those FLs were "killer" passages and I often did those last and focused most of my time on the "easier" passages.

Sadly, I think the TPR CARs focused slightly more on inferences than the "main idea" tendency I saw in AAMC OG/AAMC FL questions.

Ad2b likes this.
  6. Ad2b

Ad2b SDN Gold Donor

Pre-Medical
    This past CARS Section test was full of inferences, strengthen/weaken, and application. I'm still happy. First time to get a section test score above 125.

It's a different day, back to practice and scores and note taking.