Just Curious, what is the dress code at NOVA/LECOM??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeaparker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it strict?? Do men have to wear a tie every day??? Can you wear a Polo type shirt without a tie????

I know it gets hot down there(in FL)!!!

Thanks..

Mike

Members don't see this ad.

Don't cross post.

Amra says: "Don't cross post."

You don't even know me and your giving me orders??? I am not your child!

why not crosspost? There may be someone in one forum... ie.. a doctoral student who does not check the pre D.O. thread....

conversely, there may be someone on the pre D.O. thread who just interviewed at these places and may have some input for me...

I want to get an answer to my question ASAP...

It is a free country for the most part..
representative democracy, and I would like to find this out sometime soon....

thanks for your input.. but, this is not a monarchy... "King Amra"

Mike

p.s. I'm not trying to start something, just making a point.. No hard feelings...

Members don't see this ad :)
Mike, it is a free country but most of us do read both boards, including the present DO students (you are actually better off getting an answer from pre-osteo sometimes).

I agree with Amra in that you shouldn't cross post, at least not right away. If you post on one board and don't get the answer you're looking for, then maybe post on the other board. I guess you can do what you want, but a lot of the cross posts get annoying after a while. :) (I'm not trying to start something either.

To answer your question, at LECOM the men must wear ties every day. At Nova the guys can wear a shirt and tie or scrubs. Many of the guy students were wearing scrubs or T-shirts when I was there (I guess they don't enforce as much as they could). Have you gone for your interview yet? At Nova you have to sign the dress-code agreement before you go, and they'll tell you about it and at LECOM they describe it to you at the interview (LECOM is much more strict IMO). Hope this helps!

Thank you very much. I haven't gone yet. I'm looking formward to it. As this won't influence my decision entirely.. With all esle being equal between two schools, I would pick the less strict dress code. Being comfortable is important to me, especially around exam times!!! I obviously plan to wear a tie, when I am representing the school at community rotations etc...
I already have scrubs from my previous jobs and sometimes I wear them as P.J.'s, they're great....

Good Luck to all...

Mike

Amra thanks for the info.....

Here is what I found on the site you reccommended...

From the following site:
http://www.albion.com/netiquette/rule10.html

Rule 10: Be forgiving of other people's mistakes
Everyone was a network newbie once. And not everyone has had the benefit of reading this book. So when someone makes a mistake -- whether it's a spelling error or a spelling flame, a stupid question or an unnecessarily long answer -- be kind about it. If it's a minor error, you may not need to say anything. Even if you feel strongly about it, think twice before reacting. Having good manners yourself doesn't give you license to correct everyone else.

If you do decide to inform someone of a mistake, point it out politely, and preferably by private email rather than in public. Give people the benefit of the doubt; assume they just don't know any better. And never be arrogant or self-righteous about it. Just as it's a law of nature that spelling flames always contain spelling errors, notes pointing out Netiquette violations are often examples of poor Netiquette.

Once again thanks for the info...

Mike

What about the other schools? Does anyone have a list of daily dress requirements for the first 2 years of didactic work at each of the 19 schools? Just curious...

You're taking extreme offense at something that isn't really worth the time or effort. Nothing I posted was meant as a personal flame. I'm kinda at a loss for words over something so superficial.

-A

Reactions: 1 user
Back to the original question...
I am an MSI at LECOM and here is my take on the dress code. IT'S NOT THAT BIG A DEAL! Yes, men have to wear shirts and ties every day, and the women have to wear dress pants and blouses/sweaters, but honestly, after a while you get used to dressing up. We also are allowed to dress down on the day we have OMM lab (Wednesday). And if you would come to LECOM, I believe the men are allowed to wear sweaters in the winter and not be in conflict with the dress code. I'm not sure what the dress code is like at NOVA (but I have heard that you can wear scrubs if you don't wear dress clothes), but it's not that bad here.

When I interviewed at NOVA, nearly all of the students were wearing scrubs with a lab coat. The ones who weren't were wearing business professioanl attire with the lab coat. That kind of makes the dress code a joke, they say. Having interviewed at a few schools now, I can say that for most people, the dres code doesn't mean squat since they are going to be DOCTORS!(to be spoken with Denis Learean tone) :mad: . And for the rest, I guess they will just have to quit medicine when they become doctors and HAVE TO dress professionally, if they hate dressing up so badly. :)