10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2003
Status (Visible)
Hi,
Just curious, if you are accepted to a med school, can the school drop your acceptance later for any reason?

:smuggrin:

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by aycshen
Hi,
Just curious, if you are accepted to a med school, can the school drop your acceptance later for any reason?

:smuggrin:
Yes. If you get a D or F in any of your remaining classes in undergrad.

Also, if you cuss out the admissions lady on the phone or send a letter to the dean of admissions severely criticizing their school.

About the Ads

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
A school can drop you for a number of reasons.

I know they can for grades, but I don't know about criminal charges after you have been accepted and filled out their paperwork. I am pretty sure you would have to disclose a criminal charge even though it was after you filled out your application paperwork. But that is just a guess on my part.

Eyecon82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Slickness
Yes. If you get a D or F in any of your remaining classes in undergrad.

Also, if you cuss out the admissions lady on the phone or send a letter to the dean of admissions severely criticizing their school.

That's not true.....if you get a D or a F on any of the pre-reqs, then you can't matriculate (atleast at ccom). Specifically in the contract it says the graduating or final gpa must not be less then 2.75 and no d's or f's on pre-reqs

DoctorInSpace

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
Also, if you fail to take a pre-req, they can prevent you from matriculating.

And regarding pissed-off posts on SDN or any other publicly viewed message board site---yeah, they can take away your acceptance for that two. The only reason I know is because it almost happened to a friend of mine. She didn't say anything bad about the school or anything like that, but, well, it was just some personal info that the school didn't like. Isn't that wonderful????

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
How did the school find out that she was writing anything about them on a website? What about free speach? Was there a disclosure letter she signed not to tell people about them?

Wait were you just kidding?

:confused:

Robz

La Vie Boheme
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2003
Drinking Texas Tea
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by DoctorInSpace
Also, if you fail to take a pre-req, they can prevent you from matriculating.

And regarding pissed-off posts on SDN or any other publicly viewed message board site---yeah, they can take away your acceptance for that two. The only reason I know is because it almost happened to a friend of mine. She didn't say anything bad about the school or anything like that, but, well, it was just some personal info that the school didn't like. Isn't that wonderful????

are you talking SDN or the NSUCOM2006 site? I can see them having some legal action on the later...not so much on SDN since it is so anonymous.

misconception?

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
Status (Visible)
A close pre-med friend from undergrad got her allopathic acceptance revoked for fabricating dates on her application. She was told that she would be put on a list of applicants that are blacklisted so re-applying would be useless. She applied to D.O. schools this year and has been accepted to a bunch of schools. She was the president of our premed honors society.

Eyecon82

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
how bad was this person fabricating it? like off by a day...month..or a year?

U4iA

εὐφορία
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2003
a state of well-being
Status (Visible)
It was really a stupid thing to lose a medical acceptance over. She fudged some dates so that her volunteer experience would be continuous (it wasn't THAT long - less than two months). Somehow the school found out.

Robz

La Vie Boheme
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2003
Drinking Texas Tea
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Wow...I couldn't/would never imagine that they would take the time to look something like that up. Volunteering is hard enough to track down let alone trying to determine how long they volunteered for. I have volunteered for years but I am sure there are little to no records of all the times or where I have done it at. Its pretty much my word on my applications. Unless I flat out told them in a interview that it was false or made a false claim that is easily determined I dunno how they would find out.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2003
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
That is so wrong, there must be something else, like she totally lied about volunteering. That is just too drastic of a step. Come on! :wow:

but hey i guess that could technically happen

misconception?

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 29, 2004
Status (Visible)
I found out what the details last night. The school knew the dates that she volunteered from a letter of rec that had sent to them. The dates didnt match her application so they called her to check. She admitted that she lied to make her application more complete and they told her that she didnt have a spot in the class any more.

(nicedream)

Fitter Happier
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 10, 2004
The Sea
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Amy B
Why lie about something as trivial as dates of volunteering. Sorry, but that is just plain stupid.

For admission to be revoked there had to be a quite large discrepancy - she probably lied to make it look like she spent much more time volunteering than she did, which isn't so trivial.

DoctorInSpace

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by pnp366
How did the school find out that she was writing anything about them on a website? What about free speach? Was there a disclosure letter she signed not to tell people about them?

Wait were you just kidding?

:confused:

It was the NSUCOM20006 website, but it is irrelevant because that is an UNOFFICIAL website, made up by an M2. I has no connection to the school whatsoever.

She did NOT say anything bad about the school. She just revealed some personal information about her prior school record from over 20 years ago. They didn't appreciate her candor.

Either way....yeah, what about free speech? That truly is an excellent question.

Sorry for replying to this so late....was away for a while.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.