Just got a weird email from Temple~ :o

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mackaikai

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just recieved an email from Temple telling me that they haven't received "letters of evaluation" from a community college which I took 2 courses in.... I never indicated that I would be sending any LOR from this school and I ALREADY HAD MY INTERVIEW! , lol
what is going on, anyone received an email like this tonite?

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by mackaikai
Just recieved an email from Temple telling me that they haven't received "letters of evaluation" from a community college which I took 2 courses in.... I never indicated that I would be sending any LOR from this school and I ALREADY HAD MY INTERVIEW! , lol
what is going on, anyone received an email like this tonite?

I just got that email too.

Temple doesn't wait until your file is complete to offer you an interview. They do wait until your file is complete to review it for admission. At least you now know why you haven't heard from Temple :).

lol, but i never said i am sending any recommendation letters from that community college and they just go ahead and expect one?! sigh, this process is weird, I guess I have to call to TELL THEM I ALREADY SENT IN 4 DIFFERENT LETTERS AND THEY SHOULD STOP WAITING FOR ANY MORE LETTERS :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Temple is, that's for sure. I'm seriously thinking of withdrawing from this school after getting on the CCL (which they said is not a bad thing and I can be accepted anytime between next review to never). I don't think I'd prefer it over DownState. They are both located in ghetto areas = good clinical exposure, except Downstate is alot cheaper for me + it's not on Probation + I live 20 minutes away. I didn't get a good impression of Temple when I visited. We had students tell us during our tour: "Go to law school."

Sorry, trying to convince myself :rolleyes:.

Someone from my class said that? :confused: Maybe this was during exams. :p

Anyway, I can definitely attest that they interview without regard to your LORs being complete. I have no idea why, but I'd advise anyone who's interviewed to be certain their file is complete.

I received this e-mail as well. I have called several times and they stated over the phone that my file was complete and was being reviewed. I shall call next week to find out what is going on, but in the end I don't believe it will matter much. If accepted elsewhere I would certainly decline an interview to Temple because of the probation situation, the tuition, location and facilities. There are several other schools I would prefer to attend.

Herp

Ok who is sending out the emails at this hour lol? I got one as well but mine basically out lined what they had and had not processed. Everything had a processing date so I am assuming my application is complete. I guess they want people to realize that its getting awfully close to their jan 15th deadline and this is their way of letting people know what they need to get in before then. Why it isn't accurate...who the hell knows? lol

:confused:

I got one to and it had my name and it said they hadn't received my LORs yet. HOWEVER, I WAS ALREADY ACCEPTED. :eek:

I'm confused...

everyone who applied to temple got it regardless of their status.

I got a similar letter. But it says everything was turned in.......back in August. I guess I'm on stuck on the pre-interview hold list?

Don't worry my peeps. I think they are just a tad confused. I was accepted last week and then got the E-mail saying my letters are not in yet.

:D Sean

got the same letter....i know i have been complete for a while now too.

I was so mad when I just checked my email, cause they told me I was complete like 4 months ago!!!! Mine also said that my letters of rec were not received. It's good to know that others have gotten this, maybe it's a mistake. Could they have lost ALL of our letters!!!!!:eek: They are going to be receiving lots of frantic phone calls next week, me included.

This is f---ing hilarious. I say we all call them on Monday morning at 9am Eastern time and keep calling until each of us gerts through to ask them what the hell their problem is. I got the e-mail and eveything on the list has a received date on it (including the application fee) except for the fee waiver. Well golly gee, I didn't know I have pay the fee and get a fee waiver...wtf??

Originally posted by ewing
This is f---ing hilarious. I say we all call them on Monday morning at 9am Eastern time and keep calling until each of us gerts through to ask them what the hell their problem is. I got the e-mail and eveything on the list has a received date on it (including the application fee) except for the fee waiver. Well golly gee, I didn't know I have pay the fee and get a fee waiver...wtf??

You need to calm down. It states in the email that the fee waiver "only applies if you participate in the AMCAS fee assistance program and were granted a supplemental application fee waiver by Temple University." So you don't need to worry about not having a received date for the fee waiver.

how about this one:

they received my payment in sept, but they haven't received my secondary (which was mailed in the same envelope) :laugh:

sigh, just got the decision letter today :(
feel very sad

waitlisted -_-

Originally posted by doc08
You need to calm down. It states in the email that the fee waiver "only applies if you participate in the AMCAS fee assistance program and were granted a supplemental application fee waiver by Temple University." So you don't need to worry about not having a received date for the fee waiver.

I do need to calm down, agreed. But that's the only thing in the e-mail that was incomplete...and they never told me I was complete...so they must be waiting on something, eh?

I'm glad I'm not the only one....

Originally posted by ewing
I do need to calm down, agreed. But that's the only thing in the e-mail that was incomplete...and they never told me I was complete...so they must be waiting on something, eh?

I've been complete at Temple for about 2 months now and I haven't heard anything either. I called last week to verify that my file was complete. The woman that answered the phone told me it was and that they would send me an email when a decision is made. They're probably just a little slow this year.

I got a similar response when I emailed.