Just got back from EVMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2DEG

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all:

Just thought I would say something about my interview experience at EVMS. I went there with the assumption that I will be grilled. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong.

There were two people (instead of three) in my panel. I truly felt they genuinely wanted to know more about you - beyond your numbers. They were well prepared to ask you questions. You could tell their sincere and very welcoming effort to try to understand you as a person. At the end of the interview, my student interviewer invited me to attend a seminar he was giving to some EMTs tomorrow. But unfortunately, my family and I drove back tonight.

I have no idea if I will get in..but I just wanted to tell future interviewees my opinion about EVMS interview. I know it sounds weird..but I think you will actually love the experience of your interview day at EVMS.

Best wishes all.
S.

Members don't see this ad.

completely agree with you about EVMS. i think it's a nice thing ot have a small school with no real undergraduate institution associated with it. the people there are completely chill and laidback, and everyone seems to get together with each other like a family, faculty and students like. their helpfulness and happiness, in my opinion, defines the quality of the school. it may not be the most well funded or prestigious school, it may not be the hardest school to get into, but being able to see myself actually enjoying the four years leading up to me becoming a doctor with the people around me...it's a very attractive prospect. it's a shame i was waitlisted, i would go here without a doubt in the world if i was accepted. good luck to the rest of you guys hoping to get in though.

Haha so YOU were the SOB that made my 245 interview start at 345!!! I was out there waiting so long, everybody from the 330 group went in in front of me. :mad:

Just joking. You are correct, though, in that those interviewers were not confrontational at all. They followed up particular lines of questioning for awhile, but not in an aggressive manner.

The student seemed confused about my testing out of general chemistry/lab and asked a lot of questions about that, so that was a little uncomfortable, but otherwise the interview went well.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the interview day. EVMS puts a huge emphasis on clinical and interpersonal skills and it shows. Plus, the students all seem to love the school, get along with each other, and spent an amazing amount of time in the community. I was definitely impressed.

shahab said:
Hi all:

Just thought I would say something about my interview experience at EVMS. I went there with the assumption that I will be grilled. Well, I couldn't have been more wrong.

There were two people (instead of three) in my panel. I truly felt they genuinely wanted to know more about you - beyond your numbers. They were well prepared to ask you questions. You could tell their sincere and very welcoming effort to try to understand you as a person. At the end of the interview, my student interviewer invited me to attend a seminar he was giving to some EMTs tomorrow. But unfortunately, my family and I drove back tonight.

I have no idea if I will get in..but I just wanted to tell future interviewees my opinion about EVMS interview. I know it sounds weird..but I think you will actually love the experience of your interview day at EVMS.

Best wishes all.
S.

Members don't see this ad :)
WholeLottaGame7 said:
Haha so YOU were the SOB that made my 245 interview start at 345!!! I was out there waiting so long, everybody from the 330 group went in in front of me. :mad:

Hahah..It was all planned - a huge conspiracy against you!

S.

Haha yeah I was joking around that they were in there with you saying stuff like: "OK, now when I motion with my hands, I want you to start nodding your head and laughing. Then, I'm going to start shaking my fist at you and scowling, and you shrink back in your chair and look real frightened. That should scare him." :)

When they asked the weakness question, I thought about saying "Impatience," but I didn't want them to get pissed at me :laugh:

Anyway, they didn't really like my answer to that question. They were like, "we don't want a weakness that can be turned into a strength, we want a real, serious character flaw..." I was like...uh...can't any weakness be turned into a strength? They asked what my girlfriend would say that my biggest weakness was, and I told them the truth (she agreed), and I thought it was fairly significant, but they didn't seem to buy it. I guess they were looking for something like "I enjoy getting trashed, then clubbing baby seals and relieving myself on the carcasses." :eek:

shahab said:
Hahah..It was all planned - a huge conspiracy against you!

S.

River Rat said:
completely agree with you about EVMS. i think it's a nice thing ot have a small school with no real undergraduate institution associated with it. the people there are completely chill and laidback, and everyone seems to get together with each other like a family, faculty and students like. their helpfulness and happiness, in my opinion, defines the quality of the school. it may not be the most well funded or prestigious school, it may not be the hardest school to get into, but being able to see myself actually enjoying the four years leading up to me becoming a doctor with the people around me...it's a very attractive prospect. it's a shame i was waitlisted, i would go here without a doubt in the world if i was accepted. good luck to the rest of you guys hoping to get in though.

haha it sounds like you're trying to talk yourself into wanting to go there.

it's ok. me too :( ........ :oops:

WholeLottaGame7 said:
Haha yeah I was joking around that they were in there with you saying stuff like:

Dude..why the hell are you still interviewing other places? You have been accepted at UNC :) Congratulations by the way. I would love to be in your shoes (not literally). I hope I do get a good news from UNC in two weeks.

I think the question about weakness is a weird one. I asked them to call my wife for a list. They laughed. But I did tell them I could use some improvement in my organization skills. Its true.

S.

WholeLottaGame7 said:
Anyway, they didn't really like my answer to that question. They were like, "we don't want a weakness that can be turned into a strength, we want a real, serious character flaw..." I was like...uh...can't any weakness be turned into a strength? They asked what my girlfriend would say that my biggest weakness was, and I told them the truth (she agreed), and I thought it was fairly significant, but they didn't seem to buy it. I guess they were looking for something like "I enjoy getting trashed, then clubbing baby seals and relieving myself on the carcasses." :eek:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's one of the funniest things I've ever read in this forum! Whatever your weakness is, a sense of humor is not among them! :)

I've got a number of weaknesses... procrastination being one of the biggest ones, constant paranoia and stressing out a lot is another. A third one is that I'm pretty sensitive - seeing other people cry can bring tears to my eyes as well :( What's the weakness your gf says you have?

woah...i club baby seals and turned it into a strength...

SpeedRacer said:
woah...i club baby seals and turned it into a strength...

the schools will like this, you should write to them immediately

personally, my baby seal clubbing days are over, i was pretty bad at it

So I have an interview at EVMS coming up this Friday, and I'm worried about one potential question. Some people have been asked what their top choice school is. Mine is not EVMS, so what should I say to that? Should I just flat out them them what it is? Should I sugar coat it?

I hope they don't ask me this.

tacrum43 said:
So I have an interview at EVMS coming up this Friday, and I'm worried about one potential question. Some people have been asked what their top choice school is. Mine is not EVMS, so what should I say to that? Should I just flat out them them what it is? Should I sugar coat it?

I hope they don't ask me this.

i dont think they'll ask you that, i was under the impression that they ask a specific set of questions (go to the interview feedback one, they were really really interested about were your answers to "what to do if [underaged girl, possibly raped] wants an abortion [and doesn't want her parents to know" and they want you to name a weakness of yours. They'll ask "why evms" though, but that's probably the closest thing to "what's your top choice" that you'll get. dont take my word for it though, maybe your interview will be different, but a buncha interviewers with me that day pretty much had the same questions...that and the admissions lady gave us a list of questions they might ask. i'd have to say no to the sugar coating though, they'll probably appreciate honesty...

River Rat said:
i dont think they'll ask you that, i was under the impression that they ask a specific set of questions (go to the interview feedback one, they were really really interested about were your answers to "what to do if [underaged girl, possibly raped] wants an abortion [and doesn't want her parents to know" and they want you to name a weakness of yours. They'll ask "why evms" though, but that's probably the closest thing to "what's your top choice" that you'll get. dont take my word for it though, maybe your interview will be different, but a buncha interviewers with me that day pretty much had the same questions...that and the admissions lady gave us a list of questions they might ask. i'd have to say no to the sugar coating though, they'll probably appreciate honesty...

Yeah, I've been doing my best to prepare for those ethical questions, but with those it seems how you answer is more important than what you answer.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy to end up at EVMS, because I definitely would, and I think the school has a lot going for it. It's just that out of state tuition = ouchies, and I'd like to be closer to my family if possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
tacrum43 said:
Yeah, I've been doing my best to prepare for those ethical questions, but with those it seems how you answer is more important than what you answer.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy to end up at EVMS, because I definitely would, and I think the school has a lot going for it. It's just that out of state tuition = ouchies, and I'd like to be closer to my family if possible.

My feelings are exactly like yours about EVMS. If I didn't have financial worries, I would probably sell my house and move to Norfolk. But out of state tuition is simply gonna be a very difficult thing to manage. I am still gonna see - if I get admissions..I wanna see what kind of grants/loans I might get.

But to answer your original question.. I really don't think they will ask you if EVMS is your top choice. But they will definitely ask you - why evms? And its a fair question.

Good luck. You will enjoy your time at EVMS.

Shahab

hey everyone

just reminding you that I found out two weeks post-interview of my acceptance. i don't know if that is the normal turnover or what but this was in late-october.

they can tell you over the phone...kind of

Nas23 said:
Does anyone have the latest MSAR and wouldn't mind posting statistics about EVMS? I have the 05-06 edition.

Thanks a lot.

Residents Non-Residents

Applied: 684 2046
Interviewed: 270 325

Matriculated: 74 35 International: 1

Total Matriculated: 110

Resident Tuition: 19925 (I hate virginians)
Non-Resident Tuition: 36829

Hope that helps.

crazy_cavalier said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's one of the funniest things I've ever read in this forum! Whatever your weakness is, a sense of humor is not among them! :)

I've got a number of weaknesses... procrastination being one of the biggest ones, constant paranoia and stressing out a lot is another. A third one is that I'm pretty sensitive - seeing other people cry can bring tears to my eyes as well :( What's the weakness your gf says you have?

Well, this is probably only because everybody is out to get you...

The weakness I said was competitiveness, which is true. I don't like losing/failing, though it happens and I learn from it. I suppose I could have said procrastination, but like masturbation, I'm really only screwing myself. However, I always get things turned in on time, so I didn't feel that it was a huge weakness.

My REAL weakness, of course, is HALO, but I figured it would be best not to let adcoms know about that. I'm sure they're as addicted as I am, but you have to keep up the front. You know how it goes...

WholeLottaGame7 said:

The weakness I said was competitiveness, which is true. I don't like losing/failing, though it happens and I learn from it. I suppose I could have said procrastination, but like masturbation, I'm really only screwing myself. However, I always get things turned in on time, so I didn't feel that it was a huge weakness.

My REAL weakness, of course, is HALO, but I figured it would be best not to let adcoms know about that. I'm sure they're as addicted as I am, but you have to keep up the front. You know how it goes...
HALO????? :idea: :smuggrin:

Gamertag is evodevo.

BTW, I loved EVMS when I interviewed there last year. Good school. :thumbup:

EvoDevo said:
HALO????? :idea: :smuggrin:

Gamertag is evodevo.

BTW, I loved EVMS when I interviewed there last year. Good school. :thumbup:

Oh man, I need to get XBox Live; I had been using XBConnect while I was at school. Sadly, I can probably count the number of times I've played since I graduated on one hand :( :thumbdown:

I had kinda figured that once I had a job and didn't have to study, I could go buckwild on the HALO, but with my weird work hours and my EMT-I class, that hasn't been possible. My friend in med school plays more than I do. Next year when my class is over, however, it is go time. You'd better bring your A-game. :smuggrin:

P.S. Typically, I play as Hugh Downs and my girlfriend as Barbara Walters. My ex-roommates were John Stossel and Peter Jennings, though "John Stossel" feels that the name brings him down, and "Peter Jennings" had to retire the name for obvious reasons. Anyhoo, if you ever come up against an ABC news crew, beware. And be very afraid.

WholeLottaGame7 said:
Oh man, I need to get XBox Live; I had been using XBConnect while I was at school. Sadly, I can probably count the number of times I've played since I graduated on one hand :( :thumbdown:

I had kinda figured that once I had a job and didn't have to study, I could go buckwild on the HALO, but with my weird work hours and my EMT-I class, that hasn't been possible. My friend in med school plays more than I do. Next year when my class is over, however, it is go time. You'd better bring your A-game. :smuggrin:

P.S. Typically, I play as Hugh Downs and my girlfriend as Barbara Walters. My ex-roommates were John Stossel and Peter Jennings, though "John Stossel" feels that the name brings him down, and "Peter Jennings" had to retire the name for obvious reasons. Anyhoo, if you ever come up against an ABC news crew, beware. And be very afraid.
:laugh: Dude, that's the most original set of gamertags that I've ever heard of. +2 :thumbup:

I'll keep an eye out for y'all.

And I only play on study breaks at home. So not as often as I used to. Med sk00l...it's like they want us to work or something. :rolleyes:

shahab said:
My feelings are exactly like yours about EVMS. If I didn't have financial worries, I would probably sell my house and move to Norfolk. But out of state tuition is simply gonna be a very difficult thing to manage. I am still gonna see - if I get admissions..I wanna see what kind of grants/loans I might get.

But to answer your original question.. I really don't think they will ask you if EVMS is your top choice. But they will definitely ask you - why evms? And its a fair question.

Shahab

Thanks. :luck: to you too!

WholeLottaGame7 said:

My game of choice is Battlefield 2. There's nothing quite like unloading a salvo of missles into an armored column with an attack helicopter.

http://bf2s.com/player/46084605/

Nas23 said:
It's only been a week, and I'm dying to find out. Haha.

Medical school application tests our endurance for sure - perhaps it is part of the training of becoming a physician.

Having said such a geeky thing though - I am equally dying to find out about 4 schools I interviewed with. Also, even after eight full weeks..Duke still has not given me any decision on my secondary apps. Rejection would be expected but I would love to see an interview invitation!

Best wishes to you. Since EVMS is on top of your list..I wish you the very best.

S.

Hey..

I interviewed at U of Vermont on Nov. 3rd. I love Vermont, I love UVM and higher concentration of prettier girls makes it even more attractive. :)

UVM said they will let us know by December. At UVM, one faculty member conducts the interview. Another faculty member thoroughly examines your file and reports to the adcom.

Duke interview would be nice - I am NOT getting my hopes high though. Its just that Duke is located 15 mins. from my home - silly reason I know. But what the heck..whats another 80 bucks!

S.

Nas23 said:
Thanks, that means a lot. Yeah, EVMS is up there on my list. I think one schoo, possibly two, would make me reconsider going to EVMS. However, I don't even think I'll get interviews from there, so that would make my decision easy if I get into EVMS. Ideally, I'd love to find out next week going home for break and family events.

Good luck with the schools you applied to. When did you end up interviewing at Vermont? Did they tell you how soon after they will notify you? If you get an interview invite at Duke, that'd be awesome. That's one hell of a school. Did you like the other campus' you interviewed at?

Nas23 said:
Thanks, that means a lot. Yeah, EVMS is up there on my list. I think one schoo, possibly two, would make me reconsider going to EVMS. However, I don't even think I'll get interviews from there, so that would make my decision easy if I get into EVMS. Ideally, I'd love to find out next week going home for break and family events.

Good luck with the schools you applied to. When did you end up interviewing at Vermont? Did they tell you how soon after they will notify you? If you get an interview invite at Duke, that'd be awesome. That's one hell of a school. Did you like the other campus' you interviewed at?

I'm planning to call them on the 23rd to see if I got in. I interviewed on 11/11 so I hope the 23rd isn't too soon.

bwells46 said:
I'm planning to call them on the 23rd to see if I got in. I interviewed on 11/11 so I hope the 23rd isn't too soon.

i called about ten days after my interview and they told me...but i know people who interviewed at the same time who still haven't found out. it all depends on if you rocked your interview or not (I know a student on the admissions committee so I know how they decide)

shahab said:

Shahab

So after going there, I did like the school a LOT. I think it would be a very good fit for me, which was a pleasant surprise. :thumbup: The interview seemed to be quite relaxed and go very well overall too, so maybe, just maybe, they'll accept me! It is nice that they tell you fairly quickly (like 2 weeks), but I would like to just know now! :eek:

:luck: to those waiting to hear.

Nas23 said:
Tacrum,
It's nice you feel the same way we did. It's definitely a great atmosphere. I would love to find out this week. It would be the ideal time for me to find out. Ok, well anytime I would find out I got into med school would be ideal, but I'd like it to happen this week for other reasons, haha.

The other thing I noticed was that the other interviewees there seemed more friendly and talkative than at my other interview. I guess 2 interviews isn't much to go on, but at GW no one seemed to want to talk. I thought it was a good way to help relieve some of the stress while we were waiting around to interview.

Yeah, I guess I am a little "me too" in my post above, but I had an exam last Friday, so I couldn't go when all you other SDNers did. :( Anyway, hopefully we'll all just get in soon, and then we can all be happy.

tacrum43 said:
The other thing I noticed was that the other interviewees there seemed more friendly and talkative than at my other interview. I guess 2 interviews isn't much to go on, but at GW nobody talked to each other. I thought it was a good way to help relieve some of the stress while we were waiting around to interview.

Yeah, I guess I am a little "me too" in my post above, but I had an exam last Friday, so I couldn't go when all you other SDNers did. :( Anyway, hopefully we'll all just get in soon, and then we can all be happy.

Hey Tacrum, when did you interview? Were you in the 11/11 batch?

WholeLottaGame7 said:
Hey Tacrum, when did you interview? Were you in the 11/11 batch?

I interviewed on 11/18. I could have gone on 11/11, but I had a big exam that day that I couldn't miss.

As I said above, I liked it a lot. They seem to make training you to be a doctor (clinician) a priority, as opposed to just granting an M.D., which I thought was the best selling point of the school. It's definitely one of my top choices now.

Are you still considering EVMS after getting into UNC? (If you don't mind me asking).

tacrum43 said:
I interviewed on 11/18. I could have gone on 11/11, but I had a big exam that day that I couldn't miss.

As I said above, I liked it a lot. They seem to make training you to be a doctor (clinician) a priority, as opposed to just granting an M.D., which I thought was the best selling point of the school. It's definitely one of my top choices now.

Are you still considering EVMS after getting into UNC? (If you don't mind me asking).

Yeah, I was really impressed by the interview day. They seem to put a huge amount of effort into training their doctors to be good clinicians, and in turn, the students seem to give a lot back to the community.

I still wanted to keep EVMS open as an option just because I'd heard the above and wanted to see for myself, and also because I lived in VA for 7 years and it's kind of a second home. Plus there's some personal attachment to CHKD, etc. I did withdraw from several other schools I knew I wouldn't go to, but I wanted to not burn my bridges when it came to EVMS, if that tells you anything about how much I liked it.

WholeLottaGame7 said:
I still wanted to keep EVMS open as an option just because I'd heard the above and wanted to see for myself, and also because I lived in VA for 7 years and it's kind of a second home. Plus there's some personal attachment to CHKD, etc. I did withdraw from several other schools I knew I wouldn't go to, but I wanted to not burn my bridges when it came to EVMS, if that tells you anything about how much I liked it.

Were you treated at CHKD when you were younger? It seems like an awesome hospital. If I were a sick kid, that's the hospital I would want to go to. Well okay, so I probably wouldn't want to go to any hospital, but I would want to not go to that one the least (if that makes any sense). :)

tacrum43 said:
Were you treated at CHKD when you were younger? It seems like an awesome hospital. If I were a sick kid, that's the hospital I would want to go to. Well okay, so I probably wouldn't want to go to any hospital, but I would want to not go to that one the least (if that makes any sense). :)

Haha, no, brother, but I still spent a lot of time there. That's actually where I first learned of EVMS. Yeah, it's a great hospital, and honestly one of the reasons I still applied there. Oh well, it's out of our hands now. Best of luck to you! :luck:

WholeLottaGame7 said:
Haha, no, brother, but I still spent a lot of time there. That's actually where I first learned of EVMS. Yeah, it's a great hospital, and honestly one of the reasons I still applied there. Oh well, it's out of our hands now. Best of luck to you! :luck:

Yes, nothing to do now but wait. But I'm still making a fulltime job of anxious speculation. :)

Good luck to you too, but somehow I think you won't need it.

If you do go to EVMS, can you call Dr. Hoole and request him to give me your seat at UNC? :) Kidding. I feel the same way about EVMS. Best wishes all. Hope to hear from UNC, EVMS within next 2 to 3 weeks.

S.

WholeLottaGame7 said:
Yeah, I was really impressed by the interview day. They seem to put a huge amount of effort into training their doctors to be good clinicians, and in turn, the students seem to give a lot back to the community.

Nas23 said:
When do you guys think we will find out? I know that Thanksgiving must have caused some lag in the processing time.

I actually called EVMS last week. They were like - "it takes 3 weeks you *****!". ..No..kidding..they didn't say it like that. They were professional. I said okay..thank you.

We interviewed on Nov. 11th. I know we are all anxious to know but I guess give it couple more weeks. I am hoping to hear from UVM by that time frame as well.

Best wishes!
S.

WholeLottaGame7 said:
This week maybe? Hopefully? Possibly? Please?

I think it's a good sign they're waiting so long to tell you. I interviewed there a week after you and shahab, and it took them less than two weeks (with one of those weeks being Thanksgiving) to decide for me. Apparently, I was just what they were looking for in a waitlist candidate. Oh well, the waiting continues.

:luck: you guys, I hope they let you in!

WholeLottaGame7 said:

I'm still waiting as well after interviewing on 11/11. I called yesterday and they said my file has not come back from the committee yet.

When did most of your interviews take place? I noticed they start at 2, but were most people done at say 3, or were you there until 4-5 Pm

Thanks

WholeLottaGame7 said:

When I called them during thanksgiving week, they said - it takes about 3 weeks. So, it would be a reasonable expectation on our part to hear something from EVMS this week.

I sincerely wish all the very best!
S.

shahab said:
When I called them during thanksgiving week, they said - it takes about 3 weeks. So, it would be a reasonable expectation on our part to hear something from EVMS this week.

I sincerely wish all the very best!
S.

Why am I always the weird one? How come they decided on me in less than two weeks? Normally, I wouldn't complain about a quick decision, but they decided so quickly it makes me think that they didn't even consider giving me an acceptance. And my interview went so well too...hmm.

Sorry, I just needed to vent.

glad to see people are so excited about evms. good luck to you all.

tacrum43 said:
Why am I always the weird one? How come they decided on me in less than two weeks? Normally, I wouldn't complain about a quick decision, but they decided so quickly it makes me think that they didn't even consider giving me an acceptance. And my interview went so well too...hmm.

Sorry, I just needed to vent.

tacrum43.. I feel bad for you. I don't know what to say. As we all have figured it out already - medical school admissions process works in a weird, random fashion. I am surprised to see how many people didn't get interview at this one school (UVM) where I got the interview with lower stats.

You are waitlisted right? Hope for the best.. I don't know what the outcome will be like for me. But to be honest with you..even if I get in..I have to think really hard whether I really want to sell my house, move my family to another state and struggle financially big time. If I do get an acceptance, I am gonna try to my best to make it though.

Take care.
S.

shahab said:
tacrum43.. I feel bad for you. I don't know what to say. As we all have figured it out already - medical school admissions process works in a weird, random fashion. I am surprised to see how many people didn't get interview at this one school (UVM) where I got the interview with lower stats.

You are waitlisted right? Hope for the best.. I don't know what the outcome will be like for me. But to be honest with you..even if I get in..I have to think really hard whether I really want to sell my house, move my family to another state and struggle financially big time. If I do get an acceptance, I am gonna try to my best to make it though.

Take care.
S.

Yep, waitlisted. I feel like the Trix rabbit. "Silly tacrum, medical acceptances aren't for you!" :oops:

Hopefully you and the other hopefuls in this thread get in now though. :luck: I think they do kind of consider NC residents as pseudo-in state. Not for tuition though of course. :)

tacrum43 said:
Yep, waitlisted. I feel like the Trix rabbit. "Silly tacrum, medical acceptances aren't for you!" :oops:

Hopefully you and the other hopefuls in this thread get in now though. :luck: I think they do kind of consider NC residents as pseudo-in state. Not for tuition though of course. :)

Im going to MCV, you can have my spot at EVMS! good luck!

wrknhard123 said:
Im going to MCV, you can have my spot at EVMS! good luck!

:) Great. Thank you! I'll tell them you said so. :thumbup:

Has anybody who interviewed on 11/11 called about your decision yet? If so, who do I call?

Thanks!!
And good luck to everybody :)

Nas23 said:
Is there anything we can take out of the fact that it is taking them a lil while to decide on our application?

How can you tell if you had a "good" interview?

I think you can take it to mean that they are discussing your application at length. But that is pure speculation.

As for the "good" interview, I don't know. 2 out of my 3 interviewers both told me I had a good interview at the end, plus they were making positive comments throughout the interview. Geez, what more do they want? Oh yeah, Virginia residency. Crap.

tacrum43 said:
I think you can take it to mean that they are discussing your application at length. But that is pure speculation.

As for the "good" interview, I don't know. 2 out of my 3 interviewers both told me I had a good interview at the end, plus they were making positive comments throughout the interview. Geez, what more do they want? Oh yeah, Virginia residency. Crap.

Its very subjective to say I had good interview. But I just felt that my interviewers were very pleased with my answers to their questions, our discussion was very lively. We even laughed a little. Student interviewer was wonderful.

My interviewed did ask me what I would do if I don't get in this year. I gave my answer. Then in response, he commented that it was his personal suggestion to me that if I don't get in this year - I should take MCAT and try to pull my mcat score higher.

I called the admissions office today. They said the adcom is not done reviewing my application yet. So..more waiting I guess.

UVM told me they will let me know by the end of this month.

S.